Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faded Airplane mode, No Network

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 09:10 AM)
ankit
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung S10 lite is not able to come out of the airplane mode after the security update 01 Feb 2022.

It is light blue in color and there is no network coverage.

17 REPLIES 17
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

Turn on airplane mode.
(Long press the airplane mode button in the notification tray and it will take you to the settings, here you can turn it on)

Restart your phone

After restart, your phone will still be in airplane mode.

Just turn airplane mode off.
You should have your network back
0 Likes
ankit
Apprentice
Options

I have tried resetting the network setting and starting the device in Safe Mode and the step you mentioned in the comment.

None of them is working for me.

0 Likes
Leonphert
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Same problem with mine since the update.

Did you find a solution? I have even done a factory reset, with no luck. I've noticed that the phone can see my number but not the network (i.e. behaving as if no SIM is in the phone) and that I can't toggle the "Choose network manually" functionality.

SIM card works fine in other devices, so no issue with that. Network provider tried to push networks settings to the phone, but it didn't work either.

ankit
Apprentice
Options

None of the things is working.
I even sent my mobile to the repair centre and they told me they cannot repair it since my mobile is made from a different region.
So I have bought another phone and hoping it will be fixed by another update in a month.
But I am 100% sure that it broke after the security update.
And there should be some way to fix it via the software update.

0 Likes
ckl126
First Poster
Options

I'm in the UK and had airplane mode on because I was on a flight. Oddly, I now have the same issue, it started on my return and now I cannot do anything; nothing in the above stream works. I can't get Samsung either, help.

0 Likes
MRZ1Morana
First Poster
Options

It doesn't work I'm sure there wouldn't still be people posting on this thread if it were that easy. Unfortunately it seems to be a hardware issue from my research which means you need a tech to look at it or to get a new phone in my case I have an A71 so it's a lot cheaper to replace luckily but still a bummer

0 Likes
MRZ1Morana
First Poster
Options

Same here any luck? I've tried EVERYTHING  I think it's a hardware issue but praying it's not 🙏

0 Likes
ckl126
First Poster
Options
Hi MRZ1Morana,

Unfortunalety I can confirm that also did everyting, including a factory reset and I have had to send my handset back to Tech Support. This is very frustrating as my handset is only 6 months old, and the fault was caused by the update send by Samsung on 1st Feb 22.

I can only suggest you contact Tech Support.

Regards, CKL126
0 Likes
Jackstar
First Poster
Options

(3 April 2022)

Model S10 Lite, SM-G770F

Same here, last success call made was before the upgrade a few days ago:

Current version as of today 3 April 2022: 

One UI: 4.0 ,Android 12, Google Play system update: 1 March 2022

Symptoms:

• "NO SIM" on top left, the circle stop sign (/) on the top right
  • Sim card confirmed working, S10 can read sim card phone number
  • Airplane mode half greyed (light blue), cannot 100% turn off. 
  • Manual Search Network  (Network Operators>Select Automatically Off) Error while searching for network
  • Cannot make phone calls, cannot make emergency calls, cannot online via sim 
  • Wifi working all others working.
  • Installed SIM Card Information from Store, Sim Card Status: Accessible, ICCID/IMSI shows: "Blocked by Google on Android 10+" , not sure that it means, but it is bad for sure. 

Actions Taken:

• Network Reset -> doesn't work
  • Wipe cache partition via Android Recovery -> doesn't work
  • (To access android Recovery on S10 Lite, ** Must plug in your charging cable to power or laptop, then 1. Power Off, 2 Holding Up+Power until recovery mode screen then release )
  •  

I have had VoIP accounts installed via Dial Pad, it is not longer available or supported, it could be the cause to this "bug", ie. prevents the phone to turn on the Cell feature.. 

Overall conclusion, -> Failed to get back the Cell voice/data feature after upgrade/patch. 

Looking for solutions, please share.  

I hope Samsung Engineers could see this issue , and release a patch to fix this problem! 

Thanks guys.