Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message on smartswitch

(Topic created on: 20-01-2022 03:32 PM)
JoPotato
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20220120-233400_Gallery.jpg

Hi there guys! I get this error message that is prohibiting me from updating my firmware. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Smartswitch, and also removed any residual data. It keeps giving me this error and I don't know what to try anymore. 

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
ForKinCrazy
Explorer
Options
Just an idea... Does your PC have adequate available drive space to unpack and install the program? Same for the phone that you are transferring the program to?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Have you used Smart Switch successfuly before. I think your .NET framework needs updating/installing (on your PC)

0 Likes
JoPotato
Explorer
Options

Hi! Yes I have more than 15gb available on my phone and over 30gb available on my PC. Also thought the storage might have been the problem but it also didn't change anything.. 🤓

0 Likes
JoPotato
Explorer
Options

Yes I have used it before, I've done 4 updates previously. My PC turned off halfway during a previous download, and after that it kept giving me this message. So I wasn't sure if it's old files somewhere, and I cleared everything and installed again, but still no success.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, there is probably a partially downloaded file somewhere. Windows 10: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Samsung\SmartSwitch
See if you can clear all files.
If you can't find it, create a new folder so you are not using the default location.
0 Likes