Emergency bypass while silent

(Topic created on: 14-07-2019 10:26 PM)
NinaWildeUK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi everyone,

Just got a samsung s10 after being apple foe ages

One thing i noticed was you can not seem to set texts and calls from priority people to make a sound while on silent

It works in DND mode but not when your set to silent or vibrate

How can i fix this? Is there a setting i am missing or an app that does it?

I have my phone on vibrate or silent a lot but i still don't want to miss messages and calls from certain people

Thank you

143 REPLIES 143
MarcelKraan
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I tried to make a bixby routine for this and it works almost.. but some questions are here.
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/emergency-bypass-while-silent-with-bixby/td-p/...

callater
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

You take a nap in the morning after a night shift. You cannot put your phone on silent because you are expecting an important call. Your daughter calls you  about the new dress...

If only you had CALLATER : "Calm clock" to set the time for your rest. The callers gets a message to dial 1 only in emergency, or leave a message/call later. So simple.

0 Likes
Fraliex
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

But I think this option has issues. Say a Bill collector calls or something that isn't an emergency and they press 1.... I rather control the bypass contacts like the iPhone does. 

callater
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

NOT REALLY! Cannot list every police station and hospital as approved contact for emergencies...and on the other hand cannot prevent my daughter from just small talk while so so tired or busy in important meeting.

0 Likes
Fraliex
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Fair points. But what would be easier to implement... An option in contacts, or some advanced call answering service that prompts the callers? Samsung hasn't addressed this at all. And, I don't think adding a feature that is more up Google Pixel lineup features. 

callater
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I urged Samsung to look into it! No doubt that the need is there. No doubt it is quite easy to implement this feature. We all need it!!!

Mute mode gets active in urgent calls
Many users of mobile devices that are designed to receive voice calls are in dilemma whether to put their mobile device on mute mode when they are in places and situations when it is customary to put the mobile device on mute mode, such as a meeting, trying to take a nap or in a movie, while at the same time they prefer not to miss important and emergency incoming voice calls. The dilemma of almost every average user is whether to leave the mobile device on the regular mode on these specific times and to receive unimportant incoming voice calls, which are disturbing at that time, or to put it on mute and to miss important and emergency voice calls. The present invention offers a good and effective response to this dilemma.
The method enables the callee to define times in which he wishes to receive only urgent voice calls. The method also may include the option to define geographical locations in which the callee will receive only urgent voice calls, by using the GPS features and the map programs of the mobile device. The callee may set the method that it will be activated automatically anytime he is in a certain territory, for example, in the school yard of his children, in the park, in the sport club, the church and other places in which the callee prefer to be in a rest from not-urgent voice calls.

The notice may be presented on the caller mobile device as a vocalic notice, as a text message, or displayed on the mobile device. As explained above, the user may select the notice from several options or to compose one or more as he or she wishes, for example: “If it is urgent press 1 and I will receive the call immediately, otherwise, please call me after 16:00”; “I am now in a movie until 21:00, if urgent, press 1 and I will answer”; “I am in a meeting, David or Ruth, press 1 and I will answer, all the others please call after 13:00”; “Trying to sleep early today, urgent matters press 1, otherwise please try tomorrow”. The method may also enable the user to determine in advance that the time period will be presented continuously in specific days and times.

A method that enables a callee to manage incoming voice calls in a way that in a period of time that he sets the method prevents the operation of the alerts mechanisms of his mobile device. In case of an incoming voice call the method sends a notice to the caller mobile device notifying that the callee prefers to receive now only urgent voice calls. The method enables the caller to decide according to his sole discretion whether to complete this voice call.

0 Likes
ChasedByDeath
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I don't understand why is it so difficult for Samsung to implement such a simple feature!

NinaWildeUK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
nore me
they really don't seem to care about customers
Gprime
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This is soo frustrating, I have set up DND and everything, which maybe helpful when i do activate it. But lets be real I cannot have my phone in DND mode all the time, nor can i list all hospital or police stations listed in my city.

I feel a sleep on the couch (by mistake) and left my phone on silent/vibrate. My family spent a couple of hours trying to reach me, thinking i was involved in a car accident.

This is unacceptable, you are willing to following/copy other manufacturers on silly features/implementations ( like removing 3.5mm audio jack on your Galaxy note). But something as important as the ability to just select a contact and mark them to by-bass silent/ vibrate modes, you wont.

Why not just repeat what you did on 3.5mm audio jack and follow suit like other phone manufactures and implement a feature that is a safety concern and wanted by customers.

The company not willing to listen to its customers will be the one to lose them, i will be switching to apple at end of year if this is not implemented.

What a waste of my time, i cannot describe how disappointed i am.

callater
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I took a nap in the morning after a night shift. Couldn't put my phone on silent because I was expecting an important call. So my daughter calls you  about the new dress...

If only I had CALLATER : "Calm clock" to set the time for your rest. The callers gets a message to dial 1 only in emergency, or leave a message/call later. So simple.

SAMSUNG...Anyone listening?

0 Likes