Emergency bypass while silent

(Topic created on: 15-04-2021 08:07 PM)
NinaWildeUK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi everyone,

Just got a samsung s10 after being apple foe ages

One thing i noticed was you can not seem to set texts and calls from priority people to make a sound while on silent

It works in DND mode but not when your set to silent or vibrate

How can i fix this? Is there a setting i am missing or an app that does it?

I have my phone on vibrate or silent a lot but i still don't want to miss messages and calls from certain people

Thank you

142 REPLIES 142
AAhmed23
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Settings- do not disturb- allow do not disturb exceptions
AND then u can choose contacts.
I have S10 plus n i hope this answer helps.
callater
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thank you AAMED23 for your message, Still I cannot list every police station and hospital in case of emergency, nor can I prevent my daughter from hoe are you call while stiving to sleep... 

I took a nap in the morning after a night shift. Couldn't put my phone on silent because I was expecting an important call. So my daughter calls you  about the new dress...

If only I had CALLATER : "Calm clock" to set the time for your rest. The callers gets a message to dial 1 only in emergency, or leave a message/call later. So simple.

SAMSUNG...Anyone listening?

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

We're listening. We're going to pass this on to our R&D Team to see if there is anything they can do.

In the meantime, there may be some third-party apps that may do the same features you're looking for. 

Welcome to the Community!

callater
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi DannyT,

I am so glad to hear you are finally planning on looking into this. As a reminder, I have a US Patent No. 9,949,105 "Method for managing incoming calls in mobile devices" on this technology and would be happy to offer you the exlusive rights. I am confident that we can reach an accord that will fit and benefit us all, mostly your customers. Please feel free to reach out to me via my email [Removed].

Sincerely, Eli

LCpuffa
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

that is very encouraging news!

thank you Danny. looking forward to an update on this

NinaWildeUK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
You said this when I first posted it two years ago and have done nothing
So forgive me if I do not believe you
And no a third party app would be pointless. Please just see how many thousand have viewed this and impliment it
iPhone have had it for years so sure Samsung can put it in
0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
They won't
They said this 2 years ago and no one did anything
0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
That is on dnd and as I'll see my post says silent
Very different
Some of us don't want to put dnd on all the time we want silent

And other phone companies allow silent mode to be on and calls to come through loud when set as an exception

So no that didn't help as you didn't actually read what was wanted first
Michal BA
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Mar thanos .png

let's see what you're really worth

0 Likes
callater
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello NinaWildeUK,

You initiated this process and the gratitude is to you. Have faith! Setting the "rest clock" for your time of nap or important meeting will automatically put your phone on mute mode, letting your callers call you later or get through only in emergency. Disconnect Responsibly.

0 Likes