Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email and text messaging stopped on my s10

(Topic created on: 19-04-2021 05:33 AM)
d16man
First Poster
Options

After the recent update, my email quit working (Samsung app with yahoo based email)  the error was that the pop server wasn't set up, although it was.  Downloaded the yahoo app and it has been gtg.....

But now my text messages have stopped.  I can send them, but not receive them.  I have tried a soft reset, re-seating the sim card, clearing the cache and data cache, forces stopped, safe mode, and even downloaded the Google app.  Are there any other options other than a factory reset?  On another note, stop updating stuff.  Just leave it be when it is working.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I assume this is affecting normal texts and not multimedia messages  ?

As a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens with text messages.

Double check your messaging centre is still correct and check in with your network provider customer services to see that your account looks ok @d16man 

Updates bring enhancements and new features but in my opinion Security Updates which are very important so updating in my opinion is essential.

What we sometimes see is that an update clashes with an app that needs updating by the developer or optimisation.

A person can check this by putting the phone into Safe Mode.

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
d16man
First Poster
Options

Thanks @bandofbrothers.  As mentioned in my previous post I have already tried safe mode.  It appeared to start working at 12:43am, because I received a bunch of back logged texts that came through.  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. Let's hope it stays working.

0 Likes