Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Edge panel is now solid grey and horrible .. why

(Topic created on: 29/10/20 17:49)
NinaWildeUK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So samsung have done an update and made the edge panel horrible and not usable for most of us any more (yes looks matter)
I contacted their online support and got nothing more than a generic F off basically which i was highly disappointed by

Myself and other members want this to go back to how it was before the update, small code change, send through, job done .. Will this happen?

These forums seem to be ignored by Samsung and the programmers from what i have seen, so would be nice to see some sort of change happening and you actually listening

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@NinaWildeUK: Sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the changes made to the Edge Panel. I will pass your feedback to our Research and Development Team, to see if there are any plans to add customisation options, similar to the Handle options, in future products or updates. 

0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
That's great Andrew
I will also be in touch with a manager about this and the lack of support we get in the forum's

Do they plan to get back in touch about other things me and many others have requested over a year ago?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@NinaWildeUK: Sorry to hear that you feel this way, as myself and the other Mods will always look to help out where we can. I can't guarantee that there will be any movement on the above, but I will keep you posted with any updates from the R&D Team as and when they become available. 

0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Please bare in mind that there are a few posts about this, there are many more searching this issue and finding these posts
I think in general the whole world wants edge panels set back to how they were. So perhaps your team can just implement the old code, send an update and done

i hope one day to actually be able to say my solution has been fixed rather than leave disappointed over and over again by a team i thought had more integrity 

0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
So as expected after a promise of a manager ringing me
still nothing

I didn't expect it but posting it here to show just how little respect Samsung have for their community
0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Still awaiting that promised phone call because they "really care" about users
starting to lose faith in Samsung, they seem happy to lie to people
0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
still no follow up call as promised
moderators what's happening?
has this even been logged?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@NinaWildeUK: I have heard back from the Research and Development Team regarding the above, and this is the feedback they provided.

"After upgrading OneUI to version 2.5, the UI/UX team considered providing a consistent Edge Panel appearance depending on whether Dark Mode is on/off. So when Dark Mode is turned on, the Edge Panel turns black, otherwise it turns white. As of OneUI 3.0, the color of the edge panel will match the color of the theme, making it more natural than before. Therefore, the developers are currently not planning any changes in this regard."

0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
so eventually it will happen from the sound of it, but right now sadly now
at least we got an answer, shame we all hate what has been changed
0 Likes