Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Edge lighting

(Topic created on: 09-03-2019 04:28 PM)
Jose1988
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Why does my edge lighting not work on lock screen when receiving a WhatsApp message 

0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56
Swiftycooper
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Had this issue earlier. Go into settings in WhatsApp and make sure all notifications are on as well as lighting 

0 Likes
Jose1988
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

What do you mean when you say all? As there setting in there that shows preview of message which I don't want! I just want edge light when I receive a whatsapp

0 Likes
MadHatter
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Is WhatsApp permitted in the Edge Lighting options?

This should be in Settings > Display > Edge Screen > Edge Lighting > Manage notifications. 

Jose1988
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yes I've applied this but still no luck. Do your edge light appear when on the lock screen, when you receive a WhatsApp?

Ihateclowns
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the same issue. Ive yet to see the edge lighting for any app work. The lighting  itself works when i check it in settings but wont show when i recieve an email or WhatsApp message or any other notifications .

Jose1988
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ino I don't no if it's a phone fault or not! I'm sure mine was working at first, but now isn't! Only way I can get it to work is with an app.

0 Likes
Swiftycooper
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I can confirm edge lighting for WhatsApp works on my device. I had to open WhatsApp and go settings and notifications and turn on allow all pop ups and chose my light colour. 

0 Likes
Jose1988
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yeah but when you get a message you get a big preview don't you with a big box and what the messages says? I just want my edge lighting to come on with little logo when phone locked like message do

Miako
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey guys, same issue.. I just want the light to turn on while the screen is locked.  When I turn on all notification in message and group, I get this big preview screen when i turn the phone back on.  I don't want that.  I hope there is a solution..