Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Edge Lighting not working after Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 10:00 PM)
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

After updating my S10+ to Android 11, Edge Lighting is not working at all.  Yes, I have it set it on for my Messages app under Notifications, Brief pop-up settings, but it still does not work anymore when I receive a message.   Any suggestions?

Go to solution
41 REPLIES 41
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

I can't even get it to work for Messages SMS which is the only app I use it for!  

RamonCas
Explorer
Options

Before Android 11 update, the app "Edge lighting Fix" fixed the problems. Now this app doesn't work anymore and again edge light only works with system apps and Samsung apps. It works with Samsung mail but it doesn't with Gmail. It works with Whastapp too.

FayeLouise
First Poster
Options
my edge lighting option is totally gone off my phone since update! just the edge panel option..and not even my phone lights up rainbow when the notification comes through like last time 😑
FMN
Journeyman
Options
my edge lighting doesn't work on my note20 ultra after the android 11 update, same on my note 10 plus and even on the new s21 ultra I just got. there used to be the edge lighting plus in good luck but not any more, even the task manager on good lock doesn't work, really annoying. I've been checking for updates every day on my note 20 ultra, until today thinking it was going to fix the problem, but nothing changed, instead I lost the edge lighting plus I had in good luck, and the task manager still not working, say app needs to update to work with updated software...
0 Likes
CJayTC
First Poster
Options

PROBLEM SOLVED ON ANDROID 11 UPDATE.

https://youtu.be/lJD-uZbpu78

0 Likes
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

This does not solve the problem for me.  

0 Likes
CJayTC
First Poster
Options

Have you tried going to the notification in the settings? 

Go to settings - notifcations - brief pop settings - then select your  edge lighting style. Turn on also show even while screen is off 

0 Likes
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

Yes, not working.   As I previously stated in this thread, it only works when receiving system notifications.  It does not work with apps, including the Messages app.  

Members_ILjLzXU
First Poster
Options

Seems like with One UI 3.0 / Android 11 - the Edge Lighting settings have been moved from "Display" to "Notifications"...

This video best explains it and it has resolved my issue: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsUPeFjq_w

0 Likes
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

Do you have S10+?  That is what I have and this does not resolve the issue for me.  

0 Likes