Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Edge Lighting not working after Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 05-08-2021 12:00 PM)
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

After updating my S10+ to Android 11, Edge Lighting is not working at all.  Yes, I have it set it on for my Messages app under Notifications, Brief pop-up settings, but it still does not work anymore when I receive a message.   Any suggestions?

41 REPLIES 41
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

Yes that option is there, but Edge Lighting will still go on while the screen is on.  There is no option to disable Edge Lighting while the screen is on.   I only want Edge Lighting to go on when the screen is off.  I don't want Edge Lighting to go on while the screen is on. 

Osamah Al samman
First Poster
Options

Edge Lighting not working after Android 11 update

Samsung A71 

0 Likes
cyberwasp
First Poster
Options

Try this: under brief pop-up setting, go to, "Show even while screen is off." Turn it off then back on. I have a note 20 Ultra. Whenever I get an app update or software update, Edge lighting dies. Doing the above fixes it. For some reason, updates effect it.

0 Likes
EdwinJ
Pioneer
Options
Basically, Go to developer settings and turn ON ANIMATIONS. 0x will not show any edgelighting.
0 Likes
Rajveender Singh
First Poster
Options

All I did was turn on flash notifications and it started working and the edge notifications started working fine again. 

0 Likes
Benzter
Apprentice
Options

Yes after Andriod 11, you can no longer use edge lighting+ app. It does nothing untill they update it. You can use Holey Light app to put notification light on camera. Thats why I hate forced updates because of this  stuff. People dont realize it breaks alot of things but are so earger to  update to latest version. The holey light app works goosd and its what I use for now.

DOGMAN99
First Poster
Options

This worked for all my apps except phone calls.
Did the same steps for the phone app, but still not working. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Rajveender Singh
First Poster
Options

All I did was turn on flash notifications and it started working and the edge notifications started working fine again

0 Likes
mrghostx3
First Poster
Options

That is true on my samsung A71. But on my S20 it isn't the case. I can use edge lighting without animations, i just want the same on my A71 as my S20

0 Likes
EdwinJ
Pioneer
Options
Go to developer options and make sure you have animations and transitions at at least 0.5x. Then it should work.
0 Likes