Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Edge Lighting not working after Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 02:12 AM)
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

After updating my S10+ to Android 11, Edge Lighting is not working at all.  Yes, I have it set it on for my Messages app under Notifications, Brief pop-up settings, but it still does not work anymore when I receive a message.   Any suggestions?

41 REPLIES 41
bugra
First Poster
Options

Pitty! No one reads from samsung support team. We are trying to fix the problem but this problem is their mistake. Can not believe it. Better buy an other phone. Well I have S10e it was working but suddenly disappear, ıt works only for samsung system notifications. I have tried everything and watch every video in youtube but still not working, I believe that needs an onther upgrade

0 Likes
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

I am sure there will be another update.  I can live without Edge Lighting around the sides of the phone.   There is also an app Always on Edge which provides LED notifications around the camera notch at  the top right corner of the phone.  It is a little bit complicated, but this tutorial will get you set up with it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZPmmWkZFJA&t=449s

0 Likes
Ahmad Hamza
Apprentice
Options

I think I found the solution 

0 Likes
Solution
Ahmad Hamza
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210302-025824_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210302-025924_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210302-030011_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210302-030036_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210302-030118_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210302-030216_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210302-030304_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210302-030322_Settings.jpg

  

Ahmad Hamza
Apprentice
Options

That should work for all of the other apps too

Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

THAT SOLVED IT!!  YOU SHOULD POST THAT ON YOUTUBE!  KUDOS TO YOU AHMAD HAMZA!

nicodonte
First Poster
Options

Not working at all for me

0 Likes
Ahmad Hamza
Apprentice
Options

What exactly ??

0 Likes
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

Is there any way to disable Edge Lighting when the screen is on?  I only want Edge Lighting to show when the screen is off.  Thanks. 

AndrewL
Options

@Legaldeejay : While you're in the Edge Lighting settings (Settings > Notifications > Brief Popup Settings > Edge Screen > Edge Lighting), can you see a 'Show Edge Lighting' option? If so, tap this and select 'While Screen Is Off'. 

0 Likes