Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Edge Lighting not working after Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 10:49 PM)
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

After updating my S10+ to Android 11, Edge Lighting is not working at all.  Yes, I have it set it on for my Messages app under Notifications, Brief pop-up settings, but it still does not work anymore when I receive a message.   Any suggestions?

41 REPLIES 41
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check your pop up settings and make sure you have selected the setting to display when screen is off and enable it.
0 Likes
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

Yes, the "Show even while screen is off" setting is enabled, but still not working. 

0 Likes
DVL83
Explorer
Options
I can't find a definitive answer to this online but I'm starting to think the app is no longer supported by Samsung.
My edge lighting app ceased functioning after the android update and in the apps menu in settings the edge lighting app was unresponsive to any actions.
I can't find the app in the galaxy store any longer, Samsung good lock which edge lighting used to be part of has also gone missing 🤔
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

I don't know but when I go into the Edge Lighting settings, the edges of the phone will light up.  So perhaps we need another update. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Working on my S10 after updating from Android 11 Beta to official. I found I had some issues so cleared my system cache and no trouble since.
0 Likes
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

I cleared System Cache but no change.  Edge Lighting still not working.

0 Likes
Legaldeejay
Explorer
Options

OK so it appears  Edge Lighting only works for system notifications, not for specific app notifications.   For example, if my WIFI disconnects, a message will pop up with the edge lighting.  But if I receive a text message with the stock Messages app, there is no edge lighting.    So it does appear it is partially working, but that we need another software update to Android 11 or the Messages app needs to be updated.   

WhiteValkyire
First Poster
Options
I'm having a few problems I've only just recently updated my OS to 11 3.0 Samsung galaxy S20 I'm having a few problem with some icons that won't change, when I change the theme on my phone. there are quit a few icons that won't change even when I go back and use an old theme that has always worked , I've even brought new themes, but some app icons are still not changing.
0 Likes
hereje14
First Poster
Options

I agree , works for system notifications or samsung apps like messages SMS but not third party like WhatsApp Gmail or others.. i really cannot believe that in 2021 they are abke to roll updates qith such lack ot common sense, its so lame its hurts