Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earbuds problem

(Topic created on: 29-04-2023 04:24 PM)
ElinJ
Student
Options
I have an S10, and like listening to the radio on my walks. My plug in earbuds are not working any more and I ordered a new set, but the plug on the new ones is different and they do not work. (They do work on my Samsung tablet.) I notice that there are two groves on the plug of the old ones, but three on the new ones. Is there a name or a number for the old type, that I can use whe ordering another set? 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @ElinJ, and thanks for taking the time to post this.  Your Galaxy S10 has a 3.5mm headphone jack, which is a port that has been removed from our newer phones.

The newer devices have a USB-C port, so many manufacturers have now made either wireless headphones/earphones or USB-C headphones/earphones.

If you wanted to use earbuds that plug in directly to your S10, you'd be best acquiring 3.5 mm headphones/earphones.

If you've ordered USB-C earbuds and are happy with them (especially as they connect to your tablet), however, then you can purchase a headphone adapter like this:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/type-c-adapter-ee-uc10-ee-uc10juwegww/

This would plug into the USB-C port in your phone, and you could attach the 3.5 mm headphones into the jack.

As this particular adapter is not available from our Online Shop at present, you might wish to source this from a reputable third-party retailer.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

ElinJ
Student
Options
Thank you.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I think the difference between two and three rings on an audio jack is the 2 rings will just be headphones whereas 3 rings will have a microphone as well e.g a headset. Older Phones usually use the one with 3 connectors but you would need to make sure they are compatible as I don't know if they are all the same
0 Likes