Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

duplicate emails

(Topic created on: 01-08-2020 07:38 PM)
mike51t
First Poster
Options
Trying to solve the problem of getting duplicate emails in my inbox, it's really annoying having to delete all these emails every day
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is this definitely nothing to do with your email server @mike51t  ?

Check the accounts added to your phone and double check the sync settings.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@mike51t: Can you try opening the Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window > Select your account > Scroll down to Server Settings > Incoming Server > Delete Email from server > Change this  to 'When deleted from inbox'. This will allow you to permanently delete emails from your inbox via your S10. 

0 Likes
crgross
First Poster
Options

don't know what Samsung phone you have but your suggestions don't correspond to my S10+ in any way !

0 Likes
deesigner2
First Poster
Options

i am having the same problem on my S10e. I use the Samsung email app to house an outlook and gmail address so that ALL emails come thru this one portal if you will. the phone is 2 yrs old, always worked. but recently am getting emails to outlook and gmail from many same sources, and I KNOW I didn't use a gmail address on many of them. So it seems like a source, eg, the PGA Store, is now sending emails to my original outlook address but also the gmail address too. and this ONLY happens on my phone, not my laptop versions. HELP!!!!!!