What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped my phone.

(Topic created on: 15-04-2023 04:51 PM)
Options
I have recently dropped my phone, and the bottom of my screen was cracked. It now occasionally rapidly flashes white in the cracked area. What do I do? I should also mention that the fingerprint scanner now no longer works 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You will be looking to get the screen replaced on the phone. Sounds like the screen is damaged and is going to fail soon.
You can contacting Samsung Customer Support and see if they can arrange a repair.
Sometimes household insurance can cover repairs on phones. Also some bank accounts include insurance as a perk. These can help pay for the repair.
Alternatively you can look at upgrading the phone and trading in the one you have

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You will be looking to get the screen replaced on the phone. Sounds like the screen is damaged and is going to fail soon.
You can contacting Samsung Customer Support and see if they can arrange a repair.
Sometimes household insurance can cover repairs on phones. Also some bank accounts include insurance as a perk. These can help pay for the repair.
Alternatively you can look at upgrading the phone and trading in the one you have
Options
It is now persistent whenever the screen is on. When do you think it will fail?
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It could stay like this all the time. Or fail completely at any time.
No way of knowing.
I'd definitely backup your data so if it goes. You will have your backed up data when you set up a phone again.
Options
Okay, thankyou
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Definitely back up your Data, it will need to be repaired or upgraded. Do not think I would wait too long. Standard Samsung Warranty does not cover accidental damage,though as it is an S10 may well have expired by now anyway.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

(1)