Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading pics from s10e to MacBook

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 08:13 PM)
Nattlee
Student
Options

Hi guys, I've connected my Samsung s10e to my MacBook and it doesn't seem to be recognising it (when I connect it to my laptop, it charges but it doesn't come up in finder or with Smart Switch, and Android File Transfer. My laptop is from 2015 and it recognises everything else I plug into it (I've been using the lightning adaptor).  This isn't the first phone I've had the issue with.  It just seems like Android and Mac are struggling talking to each other. any tips? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ReeceQ
Navigator
Options
Activate develop option and switch on USB debugging.

It will work fine.

I have same issue with Macbook and above worked for me and could transfer to and from phone to MacBook.

Once done switch off USB debugging. (I only activate when using to transfer files from my MacBook)

To activate developer option, Settings, About Phone, Software Information, continously tap baseband until you get message saying developer option activated.

Hope that helps
Nattlee
Student
Options

Hi @ReeceQ I've just tried this and I was able to switch on USB debugging but I still couldn't use Android file transfer or smart switch - it said no device found.  When I plugged my phone in using the USB-C adaptor and cable, my MacBook made a noise and started charging, but it wasn't discoverable/visible so I couldn't transfer content over via finder, Android file transfer or smart switch. Any other suggestions?

ReeceQ
Navigator
Options
No not really, android file transfer should pick up phone and phone has message pop to allow.

Tested again it works for me.

I do use a USB to USB C cable not C to C. If that makes sense.