Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Double spam/junk folders

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 04:09 PM)
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Im using my hotmail adress via the Samsung Email App.

I just noticed that I have two folders called "Junk" and "Spam". Sometimes the email goes to junk. Sometimes it goes to Spam.

1. What gives?! :face-with-rolling-eyes:

2. Why do I have 2 folders that do the same thing?

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@Venom7000: Not sure about this - it could be the case that the Junk folder is a Hotmail feature, and this is being shown along with the standard Email app Spam folder. What I'd suggest is clearing both folders, and then going to Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog symbol in the top right of the pop-up window > Manage Folders > Untick the Junk or Spam folder, so only one remains. Let me know how you get on.
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I will try and see if it starts to route them all in to one folder.

Prob is also that Junk (hotmail folder) keeps "junking" emails coming from samsung (like how I got an email that you replied to my thread. Or when I get automated response email when I sign in anywhere with my samsung account)

So they definitely have different junk/spam algorithms
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Update:
I cant hide the Junk Folder (the Hotmail one). I can only hide SPAM folder.

I will try to hide the spam folder. But I doubt it will help since I believe that despite me hiding it. It will still be used by the app. The only difference is that I will have to manually go, unhite it and check if any emails went to it.
0 Likes
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Still the problem exists. Sometimes email goes to spam sometimes to junk folder.
And the app doesn't have MARK AS SAFE! or THIS IS NOT SPAM feature to safelist senders
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I cant be the only person who uses hotmail and hasn this issue?!
Marlon-Kirkham
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm having the same issue, using two Microsoft emails on the Samsung App. All Gmail accounts do not have this issue, making me think it's specific to Microsoft emails. As this was a while ago, did you ever get a final solution? Thanks 😊

0 Likes