Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dots on screen in camera mode

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 02:35 AM)
Fuzzit
Student
Options
Can anyone tell me what these dots are- they show up on the actual pictures as well but not if you pick a more zoomed in option 😞 there are a bunch of white ones and one red one.

As you can see it ruins the picture quality - I'm guessing the camera is broken/faulty? 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Fuzzit: Is the issue present on all Camera modes/lenses? If so, please dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select 'Megacam' from the series of grey tiles, and check to see if the problem persists here. Furthermore, press and hold on the Samsung Members app icon > Diagnostics > Camera, to see if this flags any issues. 

To further troubleshoot the issue, please clean the lenses with a soft, clean, lint free microfibre cloth, then head to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data. 

0 Likes
Fuzzit
Student
Options
If you look at the picture the dots are not dirt - it is on every camera mode and doesn't change. I've done all the suggestions above it is still there
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Fuzzit: If the issue was present in the hardware tests, then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, where an advisor will be on hand to assist you further, and arrange an engineers inspection.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Please be aware that our warranty covers software and hardware defects, but not instances of physical or liquid damage. If the engineer deems the issue to be the result of any of these factors, then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service. Don't worry though, as any charges will be communicated to you prior any repairs going ahead, allowing you the chance to opt in or out of the service. 

0 Likes