Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodgy trade in deals in Ireland

(Topic created on: 02-04-2019 07:05 PM)
Freebie77
First Poster
Options

I pre ordered my S10 with the option to trade in my immaculate S9. Samsung said they would pay €350 today I recieved a email claiming my screen has screen burn and they want €175 off me to fix it which as you can see halves the price for a 1 year old phone that I paid €850.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When I'm either sending a phone away to be looked at or trade in i always take time and date stamped pictures of it @Freebie77 

Did you perhaps do this ?

When I bought my Samsung Note 9 i also traded in my Samsung Galaxy s8 to get £300 off the purchase price, but in my case I visited my local Samsung Experience Store so it was all tested in house..

They do a pretty comprehensive test of the phone checking all sorts of things from the display to microphone etc.

So it's ultimately down to the opinion of the person testing it.

Perhaps ask for your old phone back and then take a look at it yourself or alternatively ask them to send you proof of the screen burn in via photographic images.

Ask for a 2nd opinion. 

Either way unfortunately you've got a choice on how to proceed.

To add if the situation was that you were wanting support under the phones 24 month manufacturing warranty to have the screen burn repaired as far as I'm aware Samsung would just replace the screen under warranty so free of charge to the owner. 

So Samsung asking for a reduction in the trade in value seems a wrong decision to me.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options

Demand phone gets returned, and sell privately. 

This is a third party company who are dealing with all the trade in phones

0 Likes
Ianmason
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened me an they want 250 I said send the phone back an I got no reply u get any update 

0 Likes