Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document scan

(Topic created on: 28-03-2019 06:10 PM)
Adibordoy
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all

Can someone please explain how to get document scan to work on the S10 camera I've tried everything and it doesn't recognise that it is a document?

Thanks

Go to solution
28 REPLIES 28
Members_LfYKOdO
Student
Options

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/9909687  that sorted it for me, well done to you and thanks.

0 Likes
Members_LfYKOdO
Student
Options

that sorted it for me, well done to you and thanks.

0 Likes
XeVLoW
First Poster
Options

Go into your camera, click on the settings cog & then click "Reset settings" near bottom of list. Hope that helps  :smiling-face:

0 Likes
AUdreamer
First Poster
Options

Does anyone know if you can DISABLE the annoying "scan" option? I've scanned documents not wanting to simply because I  tapped the screen trying to get the phone's camera to focus better on what I was trying to take a picture of.

0 Likes
Kubda
Apprentice
Options

I agree 100%, it should be under those selections

0 Likes
Kubda
Apprentice
Options

I have done all of these:

~Made sure the phone was updated

~made sure the app is updated

~check that screen optimization is on as well as scan option

~ restart the phone

At best the little blue spinning thing will show a T, but it no longer offers the yellow frame to highlight the document/text material. Often it doesn't even switch to the T (whether I tap it or not).

So at best what it is doing is recognizing text, but I have no way to know when I click the shutter button whether it's actually recognizing it as anything other than a photo.

I didn't think it would be a useful feature, but it is, and now people I work with are pressuring me to buy another app to do this. I shouldn't have to.

0 Likes
lionking1
Student
Options

Perfect thanks.

0 Likes
lionking1
Student
Options

Dark background did the trick thanks !

0 Likes
electronicmoll