Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Do I have a pixel issue on day old phone?

(Topic created on: 10-01-2020 08:33 AM)
Flyingscotsman
Journeyman
Options

Pixel issue?Pixel issue?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Flyingscotsman
Journeyman
Options

Rolf and Ants. Thanks very much for your time and effort today, Rolf you're correct, that was nonsense. As I've just transferred over from my s7 it's copied over the lot, "including the screensaver"....

I've just checked this s7 and exact same thing is there as well. You guys have saved the day and I just want to say a massive thanks. Never would have guessed that, I really appreciate it. Now to try figure out settings for better battery life! 

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Flyingscotsman wrote:

I see some thin yellow lines, but I guess that's due to you editing the screenshot.

Should you have a hardware issue a screenshot won't capture that, you'd have to take a photo with another device.

Flyingscotsman
Journeyman
Options

Here's some better pictures. It dissappears if I swipe up and go to the apps screen or open an app. I may have to send it away already which is extremely disappointing. I've been looking forward to this phone. 20200110_082900.jpg

Screenshot_20200110-082728_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Flyingscotsman
Journeyman
Options

20200110_085858.jpg

20200110_085924.jpg

Also, any idea what the number 3 is? 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers for getting to this one, RolfVonHessen !  :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

@Flyingscotsman ,

I edited one of your pictures as it had part of your address on it. (I'm guessing it was your address anyway.)

That '3' is where 'EE' is on my S10's Lock Screen. Which network are you on?

And it's odd that the bright pixel appears only on the Home/Lock screens. Does it still appear if you change your Wallpaper? :thinking-face:

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Flyingscotsman wrote:

Here's some better pictures. It dissappears if I swipe up and go to the apps screen or open an app. I may have to send it away already which is extremely disappointing. I've been looking forward to this phone. 

Okay, now I also see it on the screenshots. So it is no hardware defect.

0 Likes
Flyingscotsman
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. It changes when you select the apps, I'll have to change screensaver to try that. It's not even 24 hours old. Thanks for that, I'm now with 3 and on to their team. Trying to just straight swap for another new one as its within my 14 day cooling off period.

This is only my 3rd phone in 7 years, I've had the s3, s7 and now this. It's a shame it seems defective already, and after the December security update this morning 

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Flyingscotsman wrote:

Thanks. It changes when you select the apps, I'll have to change screensaver to try that. It's not even 24 hours old. Thanks for that, I'm now with 3 and on to their team. Trying to just straight swap for another new one as its within my 14 day cooling off period.

This is only my 3rd phone in 7 years, I've had the s3, s7 and now this. It's a shame it seems defective already, and after the December security update this morning 

Why do you think it is defective ? We see the white dot both on the screenshot and on the display, so the hardware seems OK. 

0 Likes
Flyingscotsman
Journeyman
Options

It's not perfect so therefore defective, must be a screen issue. I've managed to do a straight swap with 3 for Monday for a replacement handset. It's just so weird. The battery life isn't what I expected either if I'm honest. Hopefully I can adjust some settings on the new one and see if that improves. I've barely touched it today and it's at 77% battery life.

Thanks for the info and help guys 

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Flyingscotsman wrote:

It's not perfect so therefore defective, must be a screen issue. 

Sorry, that's nonsense. You told us that you could move the dot. And we see the dot on the screenshot. So it is clearly no screen issue.

0 Likes