Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable cable Fast charge, no more possible?

(Topic created on: 03-05-2021 08:19 AM)
caccamo88
Journeyman
Options

hi

since I charge my phone during sleep hours I do not like to see it charged in one hour...Slow charge works only when connected into a computer, not with wall charger, of course I have fast charge option disabled.

I figure was possible when "device care" app was available (I see some tutorial show there was a "fast charge cable" option) but my phone came with Android 11 and no option present

Regards

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try settings, battery and device care, battery, more battery settings and turn off.
0 Likes
caccamo88
Journeyman
Options

nothing, indeed asking.

Always fast charged if puggled in AC power.

Ironically a ***** (low quality) cable would help in that direction lol

Curious to know if when "Device Care" app was available (Android 10) the specific option "cable fast charge" was working

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My S10 has device care and battery options as above. Is this a new phone as it seems odd it came with Android 11?
0 Likes
caccamo88
Journeyman
Options

"Solved" the point is that "Fast charging" was not working as me expected when phone plugged to AC power.

I had same (roughly) 1800mA of drained power with "Fast charging" switched off or on (200-400 mA when USB plugged on a computer that was roughly the mA expected to see with AC power too).

Willing to give some other tries and not having a different cable tried the the original s10e charger (so far I was using my old S4 charger) and noticed that mA drained were 2500 vs 1400 with Fast charging disabled/enabled (and also can vary/lower during time, do not know what depends) so yes the Fast charging option is working somehow

At this point I will use original S10e charger because even if is more powerful than the older S4 one (you can read from the sticker), seems there is better management of power (mild amperage compared to roughly 1800 mA constant drained)

About "Device Care"
Have received phones only recently and with Android 11 on. Looking at tutorials to disable fast charging realized that the app changed and currently "Fast charging" replaced "Fast cable charging" for this reason thought they could forgot something about "cable" fast charging. To solve "completely" (have a further lower power drained when plugged via AC power) I should buy a cable not supporting fast charge (or root the phone as I was used so far, but gave up with this, too headaches...)
Regards

0 Likes