Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device care won't open?

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 11:47 AM)
Nads90
Apprentice
Options
Can anyone suggest a remedy to this please? My battery is draining like crazy but I'm unable to open device care to check what's going on. The app launches and closes straight away. I've tried updating but still nothing. I can't uninstall it either. 
Thanks. 
8 REPLIES 8
AsadM
Options

Hi @Nads90, I'm sorry to hear about this. Let's try clearing the cache and data from Device care to see if this helps. You can do this by going into Settings > Apps > 3 dots in top right (or) 3 lines on right-hand side (this will depend on the Android version on your phone) > Show system apps > Find and Select Device care > Storage > Select Clear Cache and Clear Data. After you've done this, switch off the phone for 20 seconds to give it a fresh start. Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
Nads90
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I have done everything you suggested and am still unable to open device care.
thanks
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Thanks for checking, @Nads90. Let's start the phone in safe mode to see if this happens while the third party apps are disabled. Information on safe mode can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

0 Likes
Anirudh
Student
Options

Hi there, I am having the same issue as @Nads90, (i'm unsure if it has resolved for them yet) I try to enter device care on my settings and it just would not open and would crash the settings app completely. I have tried it in safe mode and it still happens. Could someone help please?

0 Likes
Anirudh
Student
Options

I have also updated to the latest software.

Thanks

0 Likes
Nads90
Apprentice
Options
Hi. Sorry for delay. Yes starting in safe mode fixed the issue. Thanks.
0 Likes
Karthik94
First Poster
Options

Hi folks,

I'm also facing the same issue even, I'm done with suggested work arounds. Could anyone please help me to sort out this issue. I appreciate your valuable time on solving this.

Thanks,

Karthik Subramani

0 Likes
Members_zt5RyRk
First Poster
Options

It wont open device care bit at all it just crashes so can't do anything to save battery

0 Likes