Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode in app, but nowhere in phone, how to resolve?

(Topic created on: 08-06-2022 02:11 PM)
Pn1234567890user
Journeyman
Options

I recently installed a new app on my phone, and it only launches in dark mode.  App is "Swim Club Manager", its a pretty basic app it seems but valuable for what it does.

I never use dark mode on my phone, none of my apps are set to dark mode, nor my phone.

I've tried switching dark mode on and off (in display settings), I've tried restarting the phone, and I've tried de installing and reinstalling the app.

The app itself has no settings itself to play around with. 

I've got an S10, android 12, v4. 1.

The app owners are not remotely interested in helping as they say its a phone (i.e. user) issue.

Has anyone had this? How can I sort this out, as I find the dark mode in this app really hard to read.

Thank you!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Pn1234567890user Hello, you can try this, use Bixby Routines and create a routine for example:When -open application,Then -Dark mode/Deactivated/.Comment if it has helped you.Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Pn1234567890user
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, I really appreciate your response.

I have tried this and it didn't work unfortunately. I tried it on another app just to make sure I'd set up the routine corre tly and that worked fine. I also tried the reverse, in desperation, that also had no effect.

I'm wondering if it's a developer issue. It's just the develops currently in denial

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Pn1234567890user In this case, it is most likely that the app is developed only to be executed in dark mode? What does the developer answer?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Pn1234567890user
Journeyman
Options
Emails are upside down (sorry) Screenshot_20220610-100319_Yahoo Mail_46761_1654851799.jpg
0 Likes
Pn1234567890user
Journeyman
Options
Not particularly helpful
0 Likes
Pn1234567890user
Journeyman
Options
I read the version changes of the app. It seems it was originally in light mode but then they added the ability to use it on dark mode. I wonder if there's a bug in there for latest android update. I get the impression it's a single developer with only a few customers at this stage, so could well be noone has raised it before.
0 Likes
Pn1234567890user
Journeyman
Options
"Hi, the app uses the devices dark mode setting, so somewhere in your phone there must be a dark mode setting.

Thanks
Ben Snape
SwimClub Manager Support"
I replied "Yes I've tried absolutely every possible setting change on my phone. I wanted to know if its possible to adjust the settings in the actual app somehow. I have no option in my app to change any settings."
His then reply "No it's not possible to set it manually in the app."
0 Likes
Pn1234567890user
Journeyman
Options
I should add, it works fine on apple app in light mode and is so much clearer to read
0 Likes
Pn1234567890user
Journeyman
Options
My responses to you keep disappearing. Basically the developer says it's my phone settings and the app is fine.

A view of previous updates shows it was originally in light mode on android app, but ability to change to dark mode was added in.
0 Likes