Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen s10 without any drop

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 02:56 PM)
DimitrisKapistras
Journeyman
Options

I have bought a samsung s10 before almost 1 year. From the first day i have a wallet case and i have never leave the phone without a screen protection. So, the day before yesterday i put the phone on my jeans' back pocket and BEFORE sitting on my cars' seat i put it out. After this, i saw a crack on my screen, just in the spot of the bixby button. This crack is ubsolutely not my respobility. My phone has never fall and i challenge any of your technicians to check this out. I live in Thessaloniki (Greece). I went yesterday to the local Samsung service spot and they don't told me that their instructions are not to replace WITHIN THE WARRANTY the screen. IT IS INSANE, THERE IS NO SIGN OF ANY DROP. They told my that i have to give it empty so that they can sent it to Athens to Samsungs' delegetion and take the final result. I DEPAND AN EXAMINATION AND THE REPLACEMENT INTO THE WARRANTY. I want from you an answer and the correct guideline to the Athens' department because i don't trust them.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@DimitrisKapistras: I'm really sorry to hear of your frustration. We offer a repaired based warranty which covers software and hardware defects, but not physical/liquid damage or unauthorised modifications. If you feel that the crack on the screen was not the result of impact damage then you will need to arrange for the phone to be inspected by an engineer so they can verify the root cause of the issue. I understand that you have visited a Service Centre, however without an inspection it won't be possible to investigate the matter further. If the engineer deems the issue to be the result of physical/impact damage then an out of warranty repair will be required, however you will be informed of any costs prior to the service going ahead. 

0 Likes
DimitrisKapistras
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL So if the engineer verifies that the phone has never fallen, AND THIS IS THE TRUTH, the Samsung in Athens has to replace the cracked screen within the warranty?

0 Likes
DimitrisKapistras
Journeyman
Options

So if the engineer verifies that the phone has never fallen, AND THIS IS THE TRUTH, the Samsung in Athens has to replace the cracked screen within the warranty?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@DimitrisKapistras: If it is deemed to be a manufacture defect and not the result of physical/impact damage then they can look at an alternative resolution for you. 

0 Likes
DimitrisKapistras
Journeyman
Options

What are the possibilities of taking responsibility? Do you think that Samsung in Greece will say that it is a manufacturing defect? Maybe in any other European country. Is there a manufactures' list or a manual that they are going to follow or i have to rely on what an employee will say based on his experience?

0 Likes