Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Contacts sync won't work S10e

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 09:54 AM)
Marko15
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

i have new S10e wich I can't get my outlook contacts to sync. 

I use on phone samsung e-mail app. E-mail and calender is syncing great from pc to phone.  

Contact won't sync at all. I have set from phone contacts to sync with exchange. 

I have also but gmail app all taps on. 

This is really strange thing because all other samsung phones this has worked fine. I did have A9 before S10e and there was no problem. 

How to salv this.  Don't know who is calling and have to add vontacts on e-mail and phone seperatly, not easying my life. 

Hope some one can tell how to solve this. Do I have to change e-mail app? 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Marko15,

Can you try this: Contacts app > 3 Dots > Contacts to display > All. Does this show your contacts in the Contacts app now?
0 Likes
Marko15
Apprentice
Options

Hi SaudA

I have this setting, Display all, also tryed only exchange contacts. Problem is that if I add contact to my phone or PC outlook it won't sync to other. As sayed earlier phones this have always worked great. I have added several new contacts on outlook but those are not to see in phone, also if I make changes in Pc outlook those aren't shown in phone. 

Would it  help if I delete all contacts from phone and import them from Pc outlook by phone. There is import/export option available on contacts app. 

I would try this allready but if I try delete all contacts its telling that it will remove these contacts from all accounts that those are linked. So my worry is that it will clear also PC outlook. 

I noticed that calender isnt working from phone to PC outlook, reverse works great. So if I add my PC calender something it will show in phone but if I add to phone calender something it dosent show on Pc outlook. 

Br 

Marko 

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for the update. It's probably not a good idea to delete anything yet, just to be on the safe side.

Do you have the Outlook account added as Microsoft Exchange on the phone?
0 Likes
Marko15
Apprentice
Options

Yes, its added exchange. 

Exchange server is office365. 

Is this correct? 

0 Likes
Solution
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
That's right. Are you still having this issue? Can you try removing the account and adding it back on the phone?
Marko15
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

This worked. 

After removing and adding exchange back to phone it started to sync contacts!

Simple solution. 

Thank you for this. Great help. 

Br

Marko 

SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Perfect! Glad that's sorted!
0 Likes
Members_UjxRVk7
First Poster
Options