Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

conditional theme for keybord languages

(Topic created on: 15-07-2021 11:21 AM)
PhilippeCN
Journeyman
Options

Hello, i m using the chinese / english samsung keybord. there s a key called "中/En" , by clicking on it the keybord change to chinese or english.

the problem is that i never know what is the current selected language. So if type in the wrong mode, when i understand i m typing pinyin with suggestions, i must retype everything.. it s very biring..

my eye don t go to the small key before to type.. need something more obvious

so i would like that when i m in chinese mode, the keybord is of red color (background or letter) and normal when i m in EN. a theme of keybord conditioned by the current selected language

Screenshot_20210707-225729_Firefox.jpg

 you can see on the screenshot that the mode is in En because the 中 is in grey, not in black,... very difficult to see when typing fast

Screenshot_20210707-230148_Firefox.jpg

 arrrggghhh I was again in chinese mode.. need to re type ....

so, on this screenshot, i m in chinese because the En is in grey

as the input method of chinese is in pinyin and use a qwerty keybord, it s not possible to know

Do you.understand the problem ?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AntS
Options

Hi @PhilippeCN ,

Well, as someone who gets quite irritated at having to retype stuff, I reckon I do understand the problem haha. 😉😄

Makes sense to me to have some kind of more obvious indication which language mode you've currently selected in your situation. 😎

I've put your suggestion forwards for our developers. Me or one of the other Mods will let you know how it goes. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

PhilippeCN
Journeyman
Options

Thank you very much !! 🙂🙂🙂

0 Likes
PhilippeCN
Journeyman
Options

I don t close because waiting for the feedback.of AntS

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @PhilippeCN ,

The developers have just back to us on this one. They appear to like the suggestion generally, but they've advised us that they want to keep monitoring the market for more users who would want this before they would consider introducing it.

0 Likes
PhilippeCN
Journeyman
Options

Hello, so they will never do it because the fact that people go on this website and ask or even have the idea is very rare, they just suffer in silence. they should create a panel of people to ask them, actively..

is it possible to develop it by myself ? i just want to replaced the gray background of the keyborad by another color when i m in chinese mode...

I will now use google pinyin keyborad, because too difficult to use the samsung one

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@PhilippeCN ,

We have a software/app developers site... if you're interested in that side of things: https://developer.samsung.com/

But, regarding getting some more eyes on the keyboard suggestion, there’s a variety of Samsung Members Communities across the globe to share it on, and maybe get some more folks who’d be interested: https://r1.community.samsung.com/?change-country=true 

0 Likes
PhilippeCN
Journeyman
Options

If i go on the developer website, i can modify the keyborad by myself ?

the community.here is the one of UK ?

the keybord is global or only uk ? when you say you asked to developers, they are the one in korea and it s about a unique product : THE keybord pinyin eng ?

i noticed small differences between chinese and english modes of the keyboard, even in the size of each pad, it should not be so difficult to change the background color ! no ?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

The developer website is more of a long-term thing if you have a keen interest in participating in software development.

This Community here is indeed the one of the UK and Ireland. The software team and developers we connect to primarily cover the European region, but they have contact with the developers at HQ in Korea too.

Sharing on other Samsung Communities is more about finding fertile ground for user demand, i.e. more folks out there like yourself who would find this keyboard suggestion really useful. As a hypothetical example, the user demand for it in, say, China might be higher than in the UK– it just takes someone to start the conversation in the right place (or places) to reveal that and get the ball rolling. 

Solution
PhilippeCN
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for these explainations, very useful !

Have a nice day

0 Likes