Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONCERNED ABOUT BREACH OF PHONE

(Topic created on: 10-05-2023 03:46 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I had a strange experience yesterday, I was printing something but I kept having to look through my apps that was open at the time and noticed on one Google chrome page just had a man on there dressed in all black and had his hood up and something covering his face and when I clicked onto the page this person vanished, I don't know what happened and who he was, is there anything i can do to search on my Samsung galaxy S10 phone to see if someone has managed to get into my phone, if anyone has any ideas please could you message me as soon as possible. Thank you 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you have an antivirus app on your phone? If not, get one installed ASAP. Make sure you install from a reputable brand, though. Once installed, switch off your WiFi and mobile data settings before running the antivirus. Once it has swept your phone, and removed anything suspicious, reactivate your WiFi and mobile data, as normal.

As a side note - if the a/v package also adds a vpn, switch that on too.
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Could it be Chrome’s version of private browsing window. Currently, these tabs are visible in Android’s “Recent Apps” screen. 

Android currently shows your Incognito tabs in the recent apps. Along with it, Chrome also shows an icon on your notifications bar. This icon is to inform you that you have an Incognito tab open. It also works as a shortcut to close your existing Incognito tabs. Yea, you can’t tap this icon and view those tabs, it just closes them.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl 

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I had a strange experience yesterday, I was printing something but I kept having to look through my apps that was open at the time and noticed on one Google chrome page just had a man on there dressed in all black and had his hood up and something covering his face and when I clicked onto the page this person vanished, I don't know what happened and who he was, is there anything i can do to search on my Samsung galaxy S10 phone to see if someone has managed to get into my phone, if anyone has any ideas please could you message me as soon as possible. Thank you 
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Try contacting customer services team, you may have to try not just one but a few Agents , as it is difficult to recreate this phenomenon, so most Agents will laugh out and walk away.

Good luck and thanks for the share of your experience.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Someone reported something similar a little while back. I'm sure I've read in the last day or so that there are more Chrome vulnerabilities. UPDATE I see it was you.
I don't use Chrome or anything Google related if I can help it
AntS
Options

Hi @Bev54 ,

I've merged your two topics. I'm unsure if this is the same incident or two separate occurrences of it.

In addition to the above advice from others, I reckon it would be good to try to see if you can get a screenshot of it when it appears (before clicking on it and it then vanishing), and share it with us on here.

How to screenshot: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-take-a-screenshot-on-my-samsung-galaxy-de... 

On your S10, you can enable a palm swipe for screenshots by Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures > Palm swipe to capture.

Or just press the Volume down and Power keys at the same time to take a screenshot without touching the screen.

And were you printing something from the S10 at the time? If so, have you noticed the hooded man appearing when you weren't printing or connected to the printer?