Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Complaint

(Topic created on: 06/02/21 12:49)
Leona123
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Please see my letter of complaint. I would be so grateful if anyone could give me some advice on this.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to you to raise an issue about: Electrical Products

The issue that I have experienced was: My phone became faulty
I reported it to vodaphone on the 15th. They tried troubleshooting but couldn't fix it so said I had to contact Samsung who was responsible for the warranty.
Samsung couldn't fix it remotely either and said it had to be sent off for a maximum of 7 days.
Day 7 was on 23/01/21 so I checked with repair centre and they said it was still being inspected and I may have to wait 14 working days, essentially 3 weeks.
I complained to Samsung. The call handler said they weren't regulated by any consumer bodies, he would not transfer me to someone more senior with authority.
I asked how to complain formally and he said he would log it, it would be reviewed internally and that the outcome would not change and I wouldn't be kept informed.

I then received an email from the repair centre to inform that I had caused the fault. They said it was burnt inside due to microwave exposure.  They would not accept that this was an impossibility and said the decision was final. They requested £339 to repair it. I asked them 5 days ago to return it to me so I could have it inspected independently as I do not accept liability. They still have not returned my phone.

This meant that I am 4 months into a 2 year contract without the handset I purchased.

I have spent around 20 hours in communication trying to resolve this with Samsung, AO and vodaphone. 

It has caused me so much unnecessary anxiety and distress.

I am a nurse so i am at work everyday but not able to be in contact with my 3 children.
My mom, who is vulnerable can't contact me.
I am the point of contact for my 95 year old neighbour and if she fell and pressed her pendant it goes to my mobile and now this wouldn't be possible.
I can't access emails which I use for all of my accounting and most of my correspondence.

My phone has now been returned and I have contacted 3 independent repairers and they all said if my phone had been exposed to the microwave it wouldn't switch on at all and I wouldn't have been able to make calls at all. All three could not believe what Samsung have said. 

I look forward to your prompt response on this matter. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case, so please reply to this email address.

Yours faithfully,

Leona Tasab

7 REPLIES 7
Stevelindsey
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I hope they have sorted this now
Swainy72
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
cant believe they not take responsibility ,, but that's what a lot of big company's do hope u get it sorted soon
Attaz
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I hope they get this sorted ASAP for you, the letter is very well detailed. With these guys I've realised there's only one way to deal with them and that's being very stern and sometimes quite harsh.
Steven9761
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
who was the vendor of your phone?.. Bought direct from Samsung, or supplied by Vodafone? Under the terms of the Sale of Goods Act, is is the responsibility of the SELLER to ensure that goods purchased are FIT FOR PURPOSE. Irrespective of what Vodafone tells you, unless the fault can be proven to have been caused by you, Vodafone, as the supplier are liable for repair/replacement of the faulty device. Demand that they replace it, otherwise you will take the matter to the media, and sue them in the Small Claims Court.
EMIN3M
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
not surprised. not sure how you would of even caused that fault anyway.
Leona123
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

They haven't unfortunately ☹

0 Likes
Aig20
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Samsung has awful customer service. I am having the same issue with them. Look into my story: Samsung Galaxy S10 nearly catch fire. I am not sure how to prove to them that my phone wasn't exposed to water. And, I believe it's why they choose it as a reason (fuming). It's frustrating and annoying that such a big company can't take responsibility and sort things promptly. Especially bearing in mind their massive failure and big call out of Samsung Note 7 in the past. 

0 Likes