Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Clear view cover stop working after January update One UI 2.0

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 11:06 AM)
papillon-bleu
Apprentice
Options

Hello all and happy new year,

I bought 2 S10 on black friday with one clear view cover. Both phone were upgraded to one UI 2.0 directly out of the box (we start use them late in december).

Smartcover worked fine. After the january upgrade (yesterday), the cover is not detected. I don't have the accessory item on the parameter menu. I put the cover on the other S10, it was detected. I revert it back on the first S10, it was detected again for a couple of hours.

Now the cover doesn't works on any phone. It's like a chinese copy... Any ideas

NB : i tried to wipe the cache (no effect) and tested the hall detector using the #*0#* menu (it works perfectly)

Go to solution
15 REPLIES 15
AntS
Options

Hi all. Just following this up.

Looks like there was some confusion over exactly which issue the developers' response was to at our end over this one - apologies for that. We've clarified with them now.

From the info they've received, the developers concluded that this is a hardware issue.

In the S10's case in this thread, it'd be due to a hardware issue with the Clear View Cover itself.

In your S9's case, @IreibeX , the developers mentioned the NFC chip on the phone stopping working.

Although they weren't able to identify any software causes from any of the info/reports they received, I'd guess anything that adversely affects the NFC chip's functioning could potentially lead to issues with the Clear View Cover.

IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@AntS wrote:

In your S9's case, @IreibeX , the developers mentioned the NFC chip on the phone stopping working.

Although they weren't able to identify any software causes from any of the info/reports they received, I'd guess anything that adversely affects the NFC chip's functioning could potentially lead to issues with the Clear View Cover.

@AntS  : Thank you ! Yes, there is indeed something that adversely affects the NFC chip's functioning : NFC is permanently switched off :face-with-tears-of-joy: ! So this might be a problem ? Well, I wouldn't have guessed that :face-with-tears-of-joy: !

0292020123025.jpg

0 Likes
Tinners
First Poster
Options

Just a note on this, my cover stopped working since the June update

I have a phone locked by corporate policy, I went into the Hub app and reappliued the profile under "Business Password and Restrictions"

As soon as I did that it recognised the case again

0 Likes
LeKaido
First Poster
Options

Mine stopped working with the August 2020 update

0 Likes
matjak2
Student
Options

mine also

0 Likes
Nornore
Student
Options

Er, isn't it painfully obvious that this ***IS*** a software issue? 'Cause ***every*** ***single*** ***user*** reports this ***** occurring ***after a software update***. Should have given those developers a clue, right? I have a Note8, my wife an S9+, and both our ***genuine*** covers stopped working after a software update. Can someone ***finally*** get Samsung developers arsed about this issue that goes on for 3 years already and affects hundreds of users ***worldwide***?

0 Likes