Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Clean slate - face tagging S10

(Topic created on: 09-07-2021 08:42 PM)
seabird
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone,

My face tagging has become a mess. Samsung has combined several people as the same and to sort it out has become a mess.

What is the best way to start from fresh? I want to reset all face tagging and wait for it to recognize people again.

S10 and gallery are fully up to date. As of now I don't even get the tag symbol anymore to know who is who in the tags.

Help please! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@seabird: If you open the Gallery app > Select a photo you'd like to add a tag to, and swipe upwards, you will see a prompt to 'Add Tags' in the bottom right corner of the image. Tap on the prompt and add any tags you'd like, and hit 'Done'. You can also tap the '-' symbol next to any existing tags to remove them. 

0 Likes
Solution
seabird
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much. Atleast I can find my tags again. But how do I reset everything? Seems that starting clean is less work than verifying all the existing mess

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@seabird: No problem. Try heading to Settings > Apps > Gallery > Storage > Clear Cache, to see if this removes your existing tags. 

0 Likes
seabird
Apprentice
Options

Clearing the cache didn't clear it. It was mainly the wife category that got messed up with kids. Decided to just remove all results from her tag. Will start checking in a few days again

0 Likes