Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat settings disappeared

(Topic created on: 20-07-2021 02:32 AM)
KirstyS10
Apprentice
Options
My chat settings not working.  Just vanished without me doing anything. I can still send and receive sms as normal but no blue bubbles, read receipts and typing dots to be seen. Hope this issue gets resolved quickly as having chat settings working although not detrimental to using phone, it's rather handy to have.  Regards, KW 
10 REPLIES 10
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
https://www.ronwoods.us/2021/05/fix-for-google-messages-stuck-on.html?m=1
If chat settings has disappeared from your messaging app. Then clear the messaging apps cache, if no luck then clear data. See if it shows up. But I sent a link on trouble shooting steps to see if you can fix it.
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure what software your S10 is running on as I'm using the latest software on the S21 Ultra but one thing I've noticed there is two in pre-installed messaging apps both cool by the same name messages one from Samsung and one is from Google I will link the Google Play Store one to make sure you have it set as your default and I will also add a couple of screenshots to show you what I'm trying to explain
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
As you can see on my home screen there's two messaging apps the one on the right is Google Play Store edition the one on the left is the Samsung editionScreenshot_20210720-022653_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
The Samsung versionScreenshot_20210720-022713_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
And the default messaging app from the Google Play store I'll post the link to make sure you have the correct one set as default https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messagingScreenshot_20210720-022754_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
So if that video link Fiona has posted didn't help hopefully that information does
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@KirstyS10: Have the Chat settings disappeared from your Messages settings? Apologies if you've tried this already, but if you open the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chat Settings > Rich Communication Settings > On > Select Default Messaging Type > Automatic, does this help at all? If the Chat settings are no longer accessible, select 'About Messages' and check for any available updates from here. 

0 Likes
KirstyS10
Apprentice
Options
Tried and failed
0 Likes
KirstyS10
Apprentice
Options
Would you suggest Google messages instead of samsung messages
0 Likes