Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Charging

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 03:29 PM)
Sean1238
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
To anyone who has a variant of the s10, how often do you charge your phone? And do you always turn your phone off when charging? I kinda ruined the battery in my old s8 and I DO NOT want to ruin this phone's battery, thanks
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
DylGMD
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hello, I recommend always draining the battery before charging it, and when you charge it do it to full battery so the phones battery takes longer to age and wear out.
Tiggy1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I agree let it run down most of the time but personally I turn my phone off to charge as then the battery does not get hot.
Pugs1957
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I do not. Never fully discharge the battery as this will damage it. Ideally, don't let it drop below 20%. See https://medium.com/@lauren.c.stephen/13-tips-to-extend-the-lifespan-of-your-phone-battery-16c2af5ca5...
Pugs1957
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
No, no, no, fully discharging your phone will damage the battery. See my above post.
pete007
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I never charge my s10 overnight, its normally charged for less than 2 hours before I goto work.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Sean1238 

Battery Care best practice has always been a subjective topic as people do this differently to what they believe.

I've always charged mine to 100% with no issues.

I don't let my battery drop below 15%

I turn my phone off and charge overnight.

I rarely use fast or super fast charging as this pushes the battery.

Samsungs advice is …

How-can-i-optimise-and-extend-the-battery-life-on-my-samsung-galaxy-smartphone.  and Galaxy-battery/care-and-maintenance. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.