Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Apps no longer working

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 10:17 PM)
Garrett 48
Student
Options

Hi,

Within the last few hours, some of my apps (including my bank app) have stopped working. Not all apps, only some - others continue to work perfectly.

I havent changed any individual permissions, my phone's software is up to date, and I'm running Norton 360, which didn't find any problems. I also ran Device Care and again, no issues found.

I've tried uninstalling a couple of the apps, then reinstalling them, but they still work launch, when I try to open them.

I've also tried turning the phone off, then back on.

Can anyone please suggest a solution for this problem?

Many thanks

Go to solution
276 REPLIES 276
Paul4200
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problems with my s10 please help. did you get yours fixed?
0 Likes
Kat99
Student
Options

Yes! Follow directions for updating both Android System Webview and Chrome which are detailed in one of the original posts on this thread. Basically, do a search in Apps for Webview and click on Update.  Same for Chrome. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
skinnyfilipino
First Poster
Options

I'm unable to update Android System Webview and Chrome. I hit Update and it stays stuck at 'Pending', even after 5 mins. Anyone else have this issue? 

0 Likes
Asthma14
First Poster
Options
where do i find the link to fix it please its happening to mine as i type!
0 Likes
AnotherMegs
First Poster
Options
Yes, it happened to me today. to be honest all recent software updates comes with some glitches. Not sure why Samsung chooses to send updates when they aren't fully working. Poor testing? 🤔
0 Likes
Members_jaSwC8D
First Poster
Options

Hi It says All data will be removed if I go ahead and and replace this app with the factory settings ?? frightened to do this incase I loose anything ? 

0 Likes
SandyO
First Poster
Options

I was having the same problem. Your instructions worked. Thank you so much. 

0 Likes
mickytrickster
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
nuz9454
Apprentice
Options
Hey everyone,  has anyone had problems opening their apps or getting onto Google.  Mine has just stopped working.  I'm connected to WiFi with data backup.  I've tried switching the phone off, and all sorts of things with no avail.  This is not a fault that I have caused as I do not download anything.  It's only happened since updating via Samsung.  Thanks 😊

vwdub
First Poster
Options
I am having problem keeps closing apps down .
0 Likes