Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Apps no longer working

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 10:17 PM)
Garrett 48
Student
Options

Hi,

Within the last few hours, some of my apps (including my bank app) have stopped working. Not all apps, only some - others continue to work perfectly.

I havent changed any individual permissions, my phone's software is up to date, and I'm running Norton 360, which didn't find any problems. I also ran Device Care and again, no issues found.

I've tried uninstalling a couple of the apps, then reinstalling them, but they still work launch, when I try to open them.

I've also tried turning the phone off, then back on.

Can anyone please suggest a solution for this problem?

Many thanks

Go to solution
276 REPLIES 276
Bends
First Poster
Options
My apps been crashing all day and been driving me mad. Now fixed due to your advice. Wished I'd looked on here earlier. 😊
0 Likes
Temi
First Poster
Options

How fo I uninstall updates as I can't find that option please and almost all my apps are not working

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Bends 

hello

as a fix,

kindly update the Android System WebView app to the latest via Google Play Store

then turn off and on the device

😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

Murffin
First Poster
Options
I'm no yupi please advise where this is
0 Likes
TinyK
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue. Not all apps are crashing but I've found my most used ones are the issue.
0 Likes
tinx
Student
Options

omg thx you're a life saver.😊

0 Likes
haridsv
Student
Options

> I'm unable to update Android System Webview and Chrome. I hit Update and it stays stuck at 'Pending', even after 5 mins. Anyone else have this issue?
I had the same issue yesterday, the update was stuck in a pending state, so I decided to uninstall the updates instead and that fixed the issue. I then disabled the auto updates, but what is interesting is that the app still got updated (I just double checked and "Enable auto-update" is still unchecked). Looks like the update got force pushed but luckily it is still working fine so if you just wait it out, the update would probably come anyway. You may also just enable auto-update now that the issue seems to be fixed.

0 Likes
val2021
Apprentice
Options
I am having the same problem
0 Likes
val2021
Apprentice
Options
having the same issue
0 Likes
Benthejen
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much. Working phone again now. 

0 Likes