Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Apps no longer working

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 05:36 PM)
Garrett 48
Student
Options

Hi,

Within the last few hours, some of my apps (including my bank app) have stopped working. Not all apps, only some - others continue to work perfectly.

I havent changed any individual permissions, my phone's software is up to date, and I'm running Norton 360, which didn't find any problems. I also ran Device Care and again, no issues found.

I've tried uninstalling a couple of the apps, then reinstalling them, but they still work launch, when I try to open them.

I've also tried turning the phone off, then back on.

Can anyone please suggest a solution for this problem?

Many thanks

276 REPLIES 276
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
The issue and the fixes are not device-specific, so the fixes should work on any device experiencingthese issues. It has worked on my galaxy tab s5e.

A small number of users are experiencing issues getting the fixes to work, but none have had the problems become worse, and trying the fixes is essentially risk-free.
0 Likes
Options

Uninstalling Chrome fixed it for me.

0 Likes
Preedles
First Poster
Options
yes and driving me mad
0 Likes
JohnBoy
First Poster
Options
im having the same problems, was working fine yesterday, but this morning Gmail, yahoo mail, Quiz Planet and a few others crashing. Done allsorts but no joy
0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
The issue is related to a system component called Android System WebView. Google released a buggy update to the component via the Play Store, which resulted in app crashes for many users. If you are facing the same issue on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, you should try to check the Play Store and update the Android System WebView app (version 89.0.04389.105).

If you can’t spot the update, you can fix it by uninstalling the latest update to the Android System WebView. You can do that by taking the following steps on your device running One UI 3:

Navigate to Settings » AppsNow tap on the sort button (with a downward arrow on it), enable the Show system apps toggle, and then tap on OK.Now find Android System WebView and tap on it.Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.Now select Uninstall updates

If you are on a device running Android 9, you can do the following:

Navigate to Settings » AppsTap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.Now tap on Show system apps.Now find Android System WebView and tap on it.Now select Uninstall updates.

Alternatively, you can also try to uninstall the update to Android System WebView directly from the Play Store.

0 Likes
stixy
First Poster
Options
I uninstalled chrome and that fixed it.
0 Likes
Kittykat05
First Poster
Options

Thankyou for your advice ive just unistalled updates all apps launching again now 😀

0 Likes
NMichal
First Poster
Options

Hi, I just updated the "Android System WebView" from the Play Store and now everything is fine.

0 Likes
Naj0
First Poster
Options
same issue for me. updated to new software couple of days ago, all ok and then today apps crashing/not opening!
0 Likes
Kat99
Student
Options

That did the trick! Shocking how dependant I am on my cell functioning properly... Thanks so much!!!

0 Likes