Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Apps no longer working

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 12:12 PM)
Garrett 48
Student
Options

Hi,

Within the last few hours, some of my apps (including my bank app) have stopped working. Not all apps, only some - others continue to work perfectly.

I havent changed any individual permissions, my phone's software is up to date, and I'm running Norton 360, which didn't find any problems. I also ran Device Care and again, no issues found.

I've tried uninstalling a couple of the apps, then reinstalling them, but they still work launch, when I try to open them.

I've also tried turning the phone off, then back on.

Can anyone please suggest a solution for this problem?

Many thanks

276 REPLIES 276
Salciex
Explorer
Options
settings
android system updates press the 3 dots uninstall updates
0 Likes
famaram23
First Poster
Options

Yup! All day now, essentially makes half your phone useless

0 Likes
Solution
DannyT
Options

Hey all,

Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to a Google Webview issue, and this problem has already been resolved with the latest app update. We've also updated Chrome to version 89.0.4389.105. Update both apps by following these steps:

- Android System Webview : Settings > Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update
- Chrome: Settings > Apps > Chrome > App details in store > Update
* If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to enable the update. 

Hope this helps! 

Welcome to the Community!

imc1234
First Poster
Options
Why isn't my phone working correctly, ever since the update. Sort this out now........
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Since last evening most of the apps on my phone stopped working, keeps crashing
Mouse1956
First Poster
Options
My A12 isn't working properly either after the update needs to be sorted ASAP
0 Likes
xracheltaylorx
Student
Options
My s10 plus keeps crashing.
I cannot get onto some apps.
For example I open amazon shopping and it crashes and kicks me app.
I open my banking app and it doesn't open, nothing happens.
When clicking a link on Instagram, it kicks me out and it doesn't work.
Its been happening all day but was fine last night.
Jay200Plus
First Poster
Options
I have a similar issue, S10 here. All worked fine last night, woke up this morning and random apps crashing like Google Search for example?
0 Likes
darktink82
Explorer
Options
My gmail, banking, amazon and some of my shopping apps keep kicking me out. And i cant use samsung internet properly, it just keeps saying "cant find servers, try again later" I have tried all the usual tricks, even uninstalling and reinstallung certain apps, but it makes no difference. I have been on hold with samsumg support for 30minutes. Anyone else having these issues?
0 Likes