Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't upgrade beyond Android 9

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 01:56 AM)
djhurlburt91
First Poster
Options

My S10+ is an unlocked variant that I use on AT&T.  My phone is currently on Android 9.  AT&T says they've pushed Android 11 already, let alone Android 10.  They've said they've tried to manually push an OS update to my device, but when I try to go to software update, the device says the software is up to date.  They didn't know what else to do so they've pointed me to Samsung support.  Samsung said to download Smart Switch and when my device is plugged in, it should automatically detect that it is ready for an update and do the push.  However, when I plug my phone in, it says:

Model name: SM-G975U, Android 9, "Your device software is up to date SGJ(ATT)"

Anybody have any ideas.  I need to at least be on Android 10.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@djhurlburt91 

try backing up the data then do the factory data reset

if the same, have an engineer's inspection of your device

if you're from the USA, kindly message the team to arrange one

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
What country are you using the phone in?
0 Likes
djhurlburt91
First Poster
Options

US

0 Likes
djhurlburt91
First Poster
Options

Thanks. The closest technician would be at a local Best Buy. I was thinking they may be able to push a hard firmware update. What do you think?

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Check what CSC the phone is on, go to

settings>about phone>software information>service provider software version

You will see a three lettered code, for example mine is BTU which is unlocked UK variant.
0 Likes
djhurlburt91
First Poster
Options

Mine says ATT/ATT/VZW

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Did you buy the phone from new? It seems that your active CSC is ATT which is AT&T, but the original CSC which is the last one VZW is Verizon, so that means it has been changed at some point. Read here for more information.

https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/#:~:text=You%20can%20check%20t...).

This may affect your device being able to pull the update, but I have changed CSC before on an S10+ from a UK network CSC to UK unlocked CSC and got updates fine, it was the reason I done it so I could participate in beta and get updates quicker rather than wait for network branded firmware.
0 Likes
djhurlburt91
First Poster
Options

Doing that *#1234# it says my CSC is OYN

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
As far as I'm aware that is just multi-CSC code for US handsets, I'm not very familiar with US handsets and codes but a quick Google quickly found the answer.
0 Likes