Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't update my phone to G973FXXS9DTK9/G973FOXM9DTJB/G973FXXS9DTK9

(Topic created on: 03-06-2022 03:57 PM)
Groovy1
First Poster
Options

Hello, got my S10 running One UI version 2.0, Android version 10, Baseband version G973FXXU4BTAA, Android security patch level: February 2020.

When I try to update it, the patch is downloaded but when it installs it, it stops at 29% and then I get an error: "Failed to update firmware, Visit Samsung service center."

I've booted in safe mode and also deleted cache and tried to install it and I get the same error.

What can I do to update it?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Groovy1: if you're currently unable to complete the update via Wi-Fi/OTA, then I recommend trying Smart Switch on a home computer (PC or Mac). To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S10 using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details. If you're still unable to complete the update then please visit a Samsung Service Center as instructed, where an engineer will be able to get this sorted for you. If you visit samsung.com, scroll down to the bottom of the landing page and click on Contact Us, then you will find the relevant contact details for your region. I hope this helps. 

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Groovy1: if you're currently unable to complete the update via Wi-Fi/OTA, then I recommend trying Smart Switch on a home computer (PC or Mac). To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S10 using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details. If you're still unable to complete the update then please visit a Samsung Service Center as instructed, where an engineer will be able to get this sorted for you. If you visit samsung.com, scroll down to the bottom of the landing page and click on Contact Us, then you will find the relevant contact details for your region. I hope this helps. 

Groovy1
First Poster
Options

Worked like a charm.

Thank you

0 Likes