Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can't get live view on Ring indoor Stick-up cameras when using mobile data using Samsung Galaxy s10 (wifi is ok)

(Topic created on: 14-07-2021 12:26 PM)
davidjh
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Greetings - i have an issue that i have tried fixing for months but to no avail. I have a Ring Video Doorbell and 2 Ring indoor Stick-up cameras that i use via the Ring app. Everything works fine on wifi but the Stick-up cams cannot live view when using mobile data. The video doorbell does work remotely but the cameras just wont connect.

My wife and i both have a Galaxy s10 and both have the same issue. I believe the problem happened a few months ago after an update. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the problem persists.

I have tried using my work iphone and my sons phone (not Samsung) and the cameras connect perfectly using data when remote but the Samsung Galaxies just wont connect.

I previously had an issue with external cameras (not ring) and this issue was fixed by changing the DNS to dns.google.

I am at a loss for what to do next and would really appreciate any help or advice. I am sure the issue is with the phones not the Ring system.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Try turning off 4G LTE. I have read only 2g and 3g is supported.
0 Likes
davidjh
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Many thanks for the reply. When i change to either 2g or 3g the app says it requires wifi and refuses to work. I am baffled as i am trying to use data. I have tried adding the app to data only programme but that doesnt work either.

I am convinced it definitely is a Samsung issue. I will update if i find an issue.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes