Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can Samsung release the SDK/NDK for the alternate lenses?

(Topic created on: 28/01/21 22:08)
sidereus
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This has been an issue since release, and I hear its an issue on the newer Galaxies as well. The wide-angle and telephoto lenses are only compatible with the stock app, which doesn't even let you use them in PRO mode (to be able to adjust exposure, ISO, manual focus, etc). The cameras on this phone are pretty great, why is the use of them so limited?

Here is a post from about a year ago that gives references to Samsung claiming they would release the SDK to enable 3rd party apps to take advantage of the other lenses:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10e-s10-s10-s10-5g/camera-pro-mode-60fps-amp-telephoto-i...

In a response (6 months later...), a Samsung representative says that Google released a new CDD (compatability definition document) which I am guessing was for Android 11. This has been out for almost 6 MONTHS, there should be nothing holding them back now from releasing it.

Is there any way a representative from Samsung could send a message to the relevant dev team like in the linked post and ask them again to release whatever data it takes to have full camera support in 3rd party apps?

1 REPLY 1
nicosbg
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

0 Likes