Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can only see top portion of screen

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 09:34 AM)
Joachim3
Apprentice
Options

Hi! Yesterday my sister's s10 feel on the top left side of the screen. Now she can only see the top part of the screen. There is a big white horizontal line that separates the top part we can see and the rest of the screen when the phone is on. Sometimes when we turn it off, the whole screen flashes white. The touch screen is still working, even on the black part of the screen. The camera and the on-screen fingerprint sensor still work too. Everything seems to work except the colour display.

Is there a way to back up the phone? I don't think she activated USB debugging. I can connect a keyboard and mouse if necessary. And could I repair the screen myself after that? If it is an easy fix it could save some money.

Thanks for your help! 

Edit: I managed to back up the phone. I just had to active usb debugging, which was in the dev option. I basically mirrored what I saw on my s10 to my sister's s10. You can also try and connect the phone with smart view.

Now I wonder if it is easly fixable (firmware problem maybe?) or if the lcd display is broken

Thanks again

20200711_100829[1].jpg

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
that happened me before an less then a week later the screen completely went, I had to send it back to get a new screen, can you go into settings and then accounts and back up and then back up data, as to fixing it yourself you will lose your warranty if you do but you could save money

View solution in context

Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

The amoled layer got damaged, unfortunately there is no way to recover a hardware damage via software. So you should contact a samsung repair center to book a repair which will imply a screen change, however since the damage was not due to manufacturer warranty it will not be covered by warranty.

I wish you a nice day and stay safe.

Bye

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
that happened me before an less then a week later the screen completely went, I had to send it back to get a new screen, can you go into settings and then accounts and back up and then back up data, as to fixing it yourself you will lose your warranty if you do but you could save money
Joachim3
Apprentice
Options
I finally managed to back it up with smart switch on my pc by connecting the phone through usb. I had to activate usb debugging first. I think the screen is broken but it sometimes flashes white so maybe it is just a software problem. I really don't know
0 Likes
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
id say with the crack on it its more then likely broken but even if you have a warranty it won't be covered by Samsung, I insure mine if im ever unfortunate enough to drop it after my last one broke, I think the screen to fix is 300 euro anyway in Ireland
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

The amoled layer got damaged, unfortunately there is no way to recover a hardware damage via software. So you should contact a samsung repair center to book a repair which will imply a screen change, however since the damage was not due to manufacturer warranty it will not be covered by warranty.

I wish you a nice day and stay safe.

Bye

ninod
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a similar problem with S10 with a dead screen where I can only see the top piece of it. I'm just trying to transfer my documents from it, but I can't seem to be able to do so as any connection to the phone via USB-C port requires me to click some sort of "Allow" button on the phone, but the screen is unresponsive, so I cannot do it. That means that I cannot connect it to a PC to transfer anything or to an external monitor. Smart Switch software also uses USB but I cannot authorize the connection on the phone as the screen doesn't respond to it (only the very top of the screen appears to respond to touches).

I don't have the Backup elsewhere, either.

Other than taking our the internal memory card (not microSD that is accessible externally), is there any other way to fix it?

Thank you.

Nino

0 Likes