Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Camera failed

(Topic created on: 26-03-2019 08:26 PM)
Leahno1aunty
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi the camera on my phone isn't working it says camera failed everytime I try and launch it any ideas what I can do it was working this morning 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Vetri
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

- did you try restarting your phone a few times?

- also from settings - apps - camera : try force stopping and see if it helps 

- install one of the third party camera apps and try capturing photos to ensure the issue is not hardware related 

0 Likes
Leahno1aunty
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi I cleared the cache and that seemed to work or so I thought it's not working again and i installed a 3rd party camera app but that doesn't work either 😕

0 Likes
bazzz
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Instead of regular powering off the phone. try force restarting the phone. If you've not already tried it. In case you

don't know how to do that, just do the following.

Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button simultaneously until the device screen turns off. Then leave go of the buttons and the phone will restart. After the phone restarts, check for system updates(make sure you're connected to your internet still). I recall a few of your threads were related to no new security updates. That might help those issues too.

0 Likes
Leahno1aunty
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi I tried that it didn't work either a strange one I must admit I've never encountered a problem like this ever before o2 have offered to send me a replacement phone tomorrow as not only is the camera an issue the phone has turned it self off many times today 😞 so fingers crossed I'll have no issues with my new one 

0 Likes
bazzz
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ahh well it definetily sounds like a RMA case. At least you'll have the new experience, all over again:)

Vetri
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

A third party cam app failing indicates there’s more than just one issue so better get it replaced. Overall S10 cam is not even an incremental upgrade over s9 but it is what it is. Look at the completion and the kind of cam innovations they are coming up with, which clearly is leaving Samsung to play catch up 

Leahno1aunty
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Yeah sounds like it o2 are replacing today its taken 3 attempts get on the forum this morning as its still turning off and camera still isn't working
0 Likes
No1aunty
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Got my new phone for some reason I couldn't log back in but fingers crossed everything seems ok so far :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
akkimaran1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey I have also the same problem on my new s10e (2 days old) I complain the customer service of samsung they ask me 4 times the same things

when you purchased 

From where you purchased

What the exact problem

Is you clear cache 

Try force stop

Try factory reset

Using any third party app

After 4th call this time they register my problem

They also suggest me to visit service centre

But today when I visit service centre the one which is near to my home they also ask the same while I give them the reference no. Of my complain and after checking for 30 minutes they told me to visit another service centre which is to far from my home

I didn't understand why this service centre is established near my home if they can't solve samsung flagship phones problem

So after 3 days of purchase I doing only one thing repeatingly telling my problem to everyone 

I can't use my camera till now as they ******

Whatever I still trying to find a way 

To resolve my problem

And this not first time 

Before this I have samsung s7edge and after 11 month of use its screen got a pink line on right side I followed the same procedure that time also they do that f***** ** things for 1 one month's and my problem not solved and warranty ended after that I am using my phone with same pink lime till now

0 Likes