Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Failed Notification

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 03:12 PM)
Monkeyshotgun
Journeyman
Options
When I try to use the camera, it comes up with Camera Failed notification. 
I have tried Force Stop, deleting cache and data from Camera app but it still does not work. 
Any idea what else I could do? 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Issues with Camera app on Samsung phone or tablet

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001329/
AndrewL
Options

@Monkeyshotgun: Does the error occur as soon as you open the app, or when you attempt to use a certain feature? If you press and hold on the Samsung Members app > Diagnostics > Camera, and follow the on screen prompts, does the issue persist, or dies it flag any issues? Similarly, dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select Megacam from the series of grey tiles. Does the error occur during this hardware test? 

Monkeyshotgun
Journeyman
Options
Sorry. No help.
0 Likes
Monkeyshotgun
Journeyman
Options
As soon as you open the app. I can open the camera in Instagram but it only stays open for a few seconds.
0 Likes
Monkeyshotgun
Journeyman
Options
Just tried *#0*# and camera app will not work then either.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Monkeyshotgun: If the issue has persisted in the *#0*# hardware test then your S10 will require an engineers inspection. If you're based in the UK or Ireland then please reach out to our support team via the link below, and an advisor will be able to make the necessary arrangements for you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Please be aware that if your S10 is over 24 months old, or if the issue is deemed to be the result of physical or liquid damage, then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service. 

0 Likes
Monkeyshotgun
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your help. My contract is up in February. I was hoping to fix the camera so I didn't have to renew my phone. I also have to use a WiFi charger which takes up to 3 hours to charge. Broken technology is forcing my hand.
0 Likes