Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls suddenly blocked

(Topic created on: 01-11-2021 06:29 PM)
Kat2208
Journeyman
Options
My partner all of a sudden is unable to call me, no jokes please 😂. His number is not blocked, his calls don't ring thru to my phone and his phone says that the line is busy!
I haven't done anything to my phones settings and I've looked in the menu on the phone icon but can't find a resolution.
Ca anyone help? It's really frustrating!
23 REPLIES 23
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
I am facing the same issue. When my mum calls me my line comes busy aswell. Probably a software problem. But I never see the miss call on my call settings.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should resolve the issue. To do this, jist search 'how to wipe cache partition S10' and you should find what you are looking for 😎. Hope this helps! 😁
0 Likes
Kat2208
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Liquidanake, just tried your suggestion but it hasn't made any difference I'm afraid 🤔
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Kat2208 @Aklima ,In my opinion you should contact your telephone company.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try below and see if helps

Tap on Settings.
Tap on Apps.
Open the Menu. Three dots top right
Tap on Special access.
Tap on Appear on top.
Turn On/Off one or more Apps

‐-‐---

Check the 'Display over other apps' settings

There are other settings on your phone that could cause the incoming call busy notification, when you are busy on your phone, maybe using another application. Navigate to Display over other apps > Make sure is set to “Allowed”. If it is not, toggle it back on
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Will do thanks.
0 Likes
Kat2208
Journeyman
Options
Did that this morning , they say there are no issues 🤔
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kat2208 @Aklima: Is this issue occurring everywhere, or in a certain location, and is it affecting both calls, and texts? Do you have a case or cover on your phone? If so, try removing it temporarily to see if you notice an improvement. I'd also recommend powering off the phone, removing the SIM and giving the gold contacts a rub, then re-inserting it and powering back on. If the issue is intermittent then it may be the result of a temporary network outage, therefore you may wish to reach out to your network directly to see if they're able to shed any light on this

0 Likes
Kat2208
Journeyman
Options
Discovered the issue. After using the Samsung online chat and trying all the suggestions, my partner and I swapped sims. It transpired that his number was being blocked as it was being picked up as a spam call, despite him being on my contact list. I switched of the spam blocker in "hiya" and problem solved. The issue is being reported to the software engineers and it will be tweeked in the next update apparently.