Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls suddenly blocked

(Topic created on: 10-12-2022 07:48 PM)
Kat2208
Journeyman
Options
My partner all of a sudden is unable to call me, no jokes please 😂. His number is not blocked, his calls don't ring thru to my phone and his phone says that the line is busy!
I haven't done anything to my phones settings and I've looked in the menu on the phone icon but can't find a resolution.
Ca anyone help? It's really frustrating!
23 REPLIES 23
Wooodyii2
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem as well with my elderly mother calls being blocked. I hope this fix works.

0 Likes
JLeon
First Poster
Options

So I started having this same issue with my front door call box, since it's tied to a phone #. It appears to a bug with the S10 and hiya (the spam service), since my wife's S21 is not blocking the front door call box.

Most solutions here to turn off "Caller ID and Spam protection" will work but then you lose Caller ID and Spam protection. I found a good work around. If you go to the play store and download the Hiya app. Then on the app allow any permissions, and when you're in the app Navigate to settings. Under Calls from saved contacts select "Do nothing". You should now be able to get calls from people you add in your contacts.

If you start seeing calls going in through hiya. Go to your settings, default apps, and set your phone app to "Phone (System default)" just leave hiya as default for Caller ID & spam app.

0 Likes
discodiva
First Poster
Options
My phone is storing hundreds of numbers as blocked ,slowing my phone down ,calls don't come through as it has to check all blocked numbers first , more and more daily HELP
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@discodiva: Are the calls from people in your contacts list? If you head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Block numbers > Block unknown/private numbers > Off > Block spam and scam calls > Off, does this help at all. Please be aware that you can remove numbers from your Block list by tapping the '-' symbol to the right of the number. 

To further troubleshoot the issue, tap the Back button > Supplementary services > Call barring, and toggle off any active options here, especially 'All incoming calls'. 

0 Likes