Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls suddenly blocked

(Topic created on: 13-09-2022 09:42 PM)
Kat2208
Journeyman
Options
My partner all of a sudden is unable to call me, no jokes please 😂. His number is not blocked, his calls don't ring thru to my phone and his phone says that the line is busy!
I haven't done anything to my phones settings and I've looked in the menu on the phone icon but can't find a resolution.
Ca anyone help? It's really frustrating!
23 REPLIES 23
Kat2208
Journeyman
Options
Check your spam/ call blocking, that's what the issue was on mine, once I turned it off, the calls came thru
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi, Thank you mines already sorted.
0 Likes
Kat2208
Journeyman
Options
Hope you don't mind me asking but what was the problem with your phone? Just in case there's something I missed. Thanks
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi, It was my landline my mum didn't use her mobile phone.
0 Likes
Sisi122
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! This fixed my problem as well! My bf could text me but was completely unable to call me at all. It always said I was busy even though I was right next to him just waiting to see. We tried everything, even force stopping the app, but I turned off my spam calls thing like you said and it worked! He can call me now, thank you! That's so weird haha.

0 Likes
lwhite2345
First Poster
Options

This happened to me on my Galaxy s22 Ultra September 2022. My elderly mother was not able to call me. I had to switch off the spam blocker in Hiya just as you said and now it works. Thank you so much for posting the solution! Not sure why Samsung has not fixed this issue yet.

0 Likes
Maria M
First Poster
Options

As of 11/14/2022 this issue has not been fixed.   Both my mother and my mother in law are showing up as blocked no matter what I do

0 Likes
Nomzero
First Poster
Options

I just solved this problem by going into settings and searching for 'spam'.

Then go to 'CallerID and spam protection' and turn off that setting. 

That's it. My family's number which wasn't blocked was being perceived as a spam call. And now it is not blocked and I can receive those calls.

I hope this helps. I solved this problem on Nov 14, 2022 in Ontario Canada on my Z Fold 4.

0 Likes
Nomzero
First Poster
Options

I just solved this problem by going into settings and searching for 'spam'.

Then go to 'CallerID and spam protection' and turn off that setting. 

That's it. My family's number which wasn't blocked was being perceived as a spam call. And now it is not blocked and I can receive those calls.

I hope this helps. I solved this problem on Nov 14, 2022 in Ontario Canada on my Z Fold 4.

0 Likes
Milz
First Poster
Options
I can confirm the above fix works. I chose the option only block high risk calls. Turning off caller id also worked
0 Likes