Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller id and spam protection is missing

(Topic created on: 17-05-2019 09:50 PM)
muletail
Journeyman
Options

Hello.

Bought s10e model and cant find 'Caller id and spam protection' setting in a call settings.

It is missing.

Samsung promo site advertise this function like a default one (google 'smart call').

What it could depend on?

When I had my previous phone (google pixel) I had similar functionality and this was the stock Android 9.

Very dissapointing.

I situated in Russia by the way.

13 REPLIES 13
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
ID and spam detection is on my s10e UK handset .
I open the phone app then click the 4 dots in the top right corner of the screen
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah just double checked

Open phone app
Click 3 dots in the top right corner
Click settings
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

Screenshot_20190517-214841_Phone.jpg

0 Likes
muletail
Journeyman
Options

I believe you, the point is - I havent it. Dont know why. Maybe someone could explain what am I missing.

0 Likes
Ryan_f
First Poster
Options

I am in a similar boat tbh, I bought my Galaxy Note8 from the UAE but use it in the USA and Bangladesh. I haven't found the feature after upgrading to One UI (Android Pie)... Maybe it's a location based issue? 

0 Likes
kay_dubb1
Student
Options

I don't have it on my s10 either.  I have one person in my contacts list that keeps coming up unknown and im being told to disable my caller id protection but im not finding it on my phone.  and what Im being showed is not on my phone.  what do i do

0 Likes
RGS-CSP
First Poster
Options

11/21/2019 - I am missing these menu items as well on a phone that is less than 1 week old (USA carrier direct purchase and use).  I have neither "more settings" or "supplemental settings" as an option on the "settings menu in Phone.  Phone version is 10.2.20.10.  This is very frustrating as this is evidentally is a recycled phone number and someone else's name shows up when a call is incoming from my phone.

0 Likes
RGS-CSP
First Poster
Options

An update for all:
There are evidentally two or more versions of the "Phone" app.  At the Google Store the "phone" app from Google LLC found at:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer&hl=en
shows a 'not compatible' with the SM-G970U (Galaxy S10e) link.
On the hone, going to "Settings" (via the gear icon) > Apps > Phone does not display who the author or source of the native app is.

0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@RGS-CSP wrote:

An update for all:
There are evidentally two or more versions of the "Phone" app.  At the Google Store the "phone" app from Google LLC found at:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer&hl=en
shows a 'not compatible' with the SM-G970U (Galaxy S10e) link.
On the hone, going to "Settings" (via the gear icon) > Apps > Phone does not display who the author or source of the native app is.

That's the Google Phone not the Samsung Phone app...... That's why it is not compatible as Google's is only comptiable with their own devices....

0 Likes