Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block spam Messages

(Topic created on: 27-04-2022 05:03 PM)
Bex_anastasia
Student
Options
Hi, i am getting spam messgaes all the time from random numbers who are sending me links which are most likely malware. Are there any ways to block these messages instantly because they dont use the same numbers.
Thank You.
9 REPLIES 9
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, I know if you're using Google messages all you have to do is hold down the message until a menu pops up the select the circle with the line in the middle then select block message & you're good to go.Screenshot_20220428-041201_Samsung Members_1908_1651115608.jpg
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Bex_anastasia The inbuilt Hiya app  can block Spam calls and I believe Messages too.  In phone Go to Settings-Caller ID and Spam Protection, tap on that.   Ensure Block Spam and scam calls. There is option to block all calls or only high Risk. See more in this article  which also mentions 3rd party apps.  https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-block-texts-on-samsung-galaxy/    

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Report them via SMS to 7726 which is the official UK nuisance call reporting number for what used to be the data protection offices. It still works but I don't recall what they call themselves nowadays. The number spells SPAM if you ever forget what to use. You can actually forward the message as you received it to that number
Bex_anastasia
Student
Options
I would do all of these ideas however, there are many different numbers doing the same thing i though you could use a phrase or something to automatically block the spam messages with malware links
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Well you can turn off auto-download of MMS in messages settings which will reduce the risk of side attacks from images or videos with dodgy embedded links. As for the other stuff turn on spam protection but you still need to report some of these messages or they won't learn the new behaviour patterns to filter them out
0 Likes
Devoncatt
First Poster
Options
I just got a spam fishing call, samsung phone app did not allow me to block the number nor log it as spam! I went back to google phone app which allows me to report spam and block numbers that are phising
0 Likes
Mpers
First Poster
Options

The native Samsung sms app has no way to stop spam text messages. The only option given is to mark the phone as spam. But this is useless because the the spam senders allways hide the number and camouflage it with a fake company name etc.

The same goes for Samsung mail app. You can only block spam when you know the sender address, but scammers allways  constanly changes their address using temporary email addresses.

These issues are the main reasons most people will use a third party  sms and email app. There are lots of alternatives and most of them are better  for handling spam. 

0 Likes
Wendyj55
Apprentice
Options
Same
0 Likes
Wendyj55
Apprentice
Options
But you have to keep doing this for every individual spam / phishing text you get ... surely you should be able to block texts that are not from contacts on ypur contacts list ????
0 Likes