Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen S10

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 11:43 AM)
scottthescot
First Poster
Options

S10 phone screen is black and won't come on.  I believe it is fully charged but cannot tell.  The screen comes on when I hold the lock key to restart it, giving me the option of power off or restart.  I've tried both and the problem is continuing.  The screen also comes on when the alarm goes off (I had one set to go off this morning) and when a call is received.  Although the power off and restart options are displayed when I hold the lock key, the samsung logo which normally appears when powering off and back on does not appear.  There is a thin light which comes on around the lock key after pressing it, dims after a while and then goes after a further while longer.  The phone vibrates/bings/rings when a message is received.  I've tried to unlock with fingerprint but nothing happens.  I tried the factory reset (press and hold lock key and volume key for 30 seconds) but nothing happens; the thin light around the lock key remains on.  Any advice on how to resolve this would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AsadM
Options

Hi @scottthescot, I'm sorry to hear about the issue on your phone. Let's try going through the steps on this page to determine what actions to take to get this sorted: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/# Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
if you can, go into settings, and tap on display, you'll get all of the options, screen brightness, adaptive brightness, you'll maybe find what you are looking for in your display section
0 Likes
scottthescot
First Poster
Options

There is no display at all.  That's the point.  The whole screen is jet black except when holding lock key to power off when options to restart or power off are displayed at normal brightness.  Thanks for considering the problem but it's definitely not a screen brightness problem

0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
I don't know if this will help, but I remember someone having a similar problem and how she cured the problem was pressing the power button and the volume button together and keep pressed for 10 seconds I would like to believe that it's as easy as that hope so cheers
0 Likes
scottthescot
First Poster
Options

Thanks.  Eventually spoke to Samsung support and they resolved it by doing a Soft Reset.  I read on another post that it's the lock key and up volume button which I tried earlier and it did not work.  Samsung got me to do the lock key and down volume button and that triggered the reset and sorted the problem.  Easy once you know

0 Likes
scottthescot
First Poster
Options

Eventually spoke to Samsung support and they resolved it by doing a Soft Reset.  I read on another post that it's the lock key and UP volume button which I tried earlier and nothing happened.  Samsung got me to do the lock key and DOWN volume button and that triggered the reset and sorted the problem.  Easy once you know

0 Likes