Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bixby

(Topic created on: 14/11/20 18:19)
Msharp95
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I decided to go into full Samsung mode on my S10 Plus, so changed my device assistant Bixby, moving away from Google. 
However, I am having trouble getting the basics done that Google assistant does easily. Also, what are these Capsules that are Bixby uses????! 
I may be moving back to the Google side very soon. Does anyone use Bixby full on that can make it work for me?? 
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Msharp95: If you're having issues getting to grips with Bixby on your Galaxy S10 then I recommend checking the link below to find a handy guide to the various features. I hope this helps. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-bixby-and-how-do-i-use-it/

MartinG8EAD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@Msharp95 Same here with my S6 lite Tablet. Bixby won't Allow Me to switch off my device unless I have an internet connection! WTF?
Good Luck trying to move back to Google Assistant... Bixby cannot be uninstalled 😞
0 Likes
Msharp95
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I'm going to stick with bixby, but if it doesn't perform the way that Google assistant does, I'll make Google the default. it's s shame that samsung isn't competing in the way it should considering their phones are amazing.
Msharp95
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
update: I ended up going back to Google assistant as it makes better use of apps. for instance, asking to play an album automatically opens in YouTube music app which is what I use, bixby doesn't do that yet as it only uses Spotify. Time to get bixby updated Samsung.
MartinG8EAD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
MSharp95 are you also a windoze fan? 😉 i know a little about cortana (sp?).

@AndrewL , I appreciate your Help, but please tell me, WHY should I, as a 65 year young? lessabled person have to learn yet another new system ?? Especially when the one I already know and love, Google Assistant, works perfectly well, in fact better by miles than the poorly designed bixby? bixby's only function on my device is as a paper weight. i.e. a waste of resources.
0 Likes
MartinG8EAD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
thanks for the update. let me know if you find a way to delete bixby... Cheers!
0 Likes
MartinG8EAD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@AndrewL p.s. clicking the link you provided gives a security warning!

They couldn't make this up! Samsung have lost the plot? Fantastic hardware, no clue about software?
0 Likes